Deadline Date: 2019/07/26
Location: Thunder Bay
Based in Northern Ontario (not required to relocate) PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise and the Women's Enterprise Centre Northern Ontario (WECNO) will implement a motivating Growth Strategy to help women's companies further advance their productivity, competitiveness, business management, connections and readiness to export to take advantage of Growth Opportunities.
Business Counsellor- is responsible for delivering comprehensive, enhanced business coaching/counselling, training, and mentoring program designed for growth-oriented Women's Companies to increase productivity, innovation, and profitability and to Access Export Markets.
This initiative will focus on 3 Pillars;
1 Growing Women's Companies;
2 Assessing Growth Opportunities; and
3 Expanding Access to Export Markets.
Through PARO's vision for enhanced economic security and growth for women entrepreneurs, this position provides you with an exciting opportunity to be a part of a vibrant community of women.
- Posting Date:
- Northern Ontario
- Head Office, 110-105 May Street N., Thunder Bay
- Start Date:
- Full-Time, Temporary, Contract
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Business, Finance and Administration
- As a member of the Business Counsellor team, works with other Business Counsellors, Management, and community partners to deliver business development training and services for women to increase economic productivity, innovation, and profitability for women entrepreneurs.
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration, Accounting and/or Education, or a related field, you have proven experience with business planning and operations, group training and facilitation, coaching/counselling, mentoring and related business experience.
- Knowledge or women's issues, microfinance and community economic development are definite assets.
- You are a team player, positive and self-motivated.
- Regular travel to communities in Northern Ontario;
- a valid driver's license, personal vehicle and vehicle insurance; excellent interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills;
- written and oral communication skills;
- excellent analytical skills; and an ability to accommodate competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Must be fluent in English.
- French and/or Ojibway or Oji-Cree would be an asset.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Applications including cover letter, 3 references and authorization to contact, must be received by Friday July 26th at 4:00pm . Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Brenda McDougall
- Position Title:
- Executive Assistant/HR Assistant
- Company Name:
- PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise
- 110-105 May Street N.
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- P7C 3N9
- Web Address: