Deadline Date: 2019/04/26
Location: Terrace Bay
Superior North Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) in Terrace Bay ON is seeking applicants for the following position: Business Development Officer (Bilingual)
Function: Under the direction of the General Manager, the Business Development Officer stimulates entrepreneurship and economic diversification and builds capacity by providing advisory services such as business counselling and mentoring to existing or prospective entrepreneurs who own or are considering starting a small/medium sized business or social enterprise. The Business Development Officer researches and identifies economic development opportunities, seeks appropriate support and partnerships and assists in implementing local and regional projects identified in the organizations business plan. The Business Development Officer liaises with local and regional officials and stakeholders and promotes and delivers Superior North CFDC's programs and services.
- Posting Date:
- Terrace Bay
- Start Date:
- $44 000 annually
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Business, Finance and Administration
- Major Functions/Accountabilities:
- -Provides bilingual business advisory services including, information on entrepreneurship, business opportunities, business models, pre-business planning, concept assessments, feasibility and sustainability, financing, marketing and other associated start-up/expansion information for new and existing clients
- Assists clients in the development of formal business plans and financial statements
- -Acts in an administrative and professional support capacity to a Superior North CFDC committee
- -Monitors and disseminates economic news, trends and issues impacting the region
- -Participates in Superior North CFDC's strategic planning and the successful realization of goals
- -Participates in meetings, acts as a resource person to community groups, collaborates with stakeholders and leads selected projects.
- -Maintains client files
- -Delivery and management of the organizations Official Language Action Plan
- -Reports to the General Manager on deliverables
- Scope of Responsibility:
- The Business Development Officer knows and applies current policies and procedures, works within the framework of a not-for-profit bilingual organization funded by FedNor, represents the interests of Superior North CFDC's to others, and is responsible for achieving goals set out in the organization's business plan. Compliance with Federal Values and Ethics Guidelines, Privacy Policies, and Ontario Employment Standards.
Authority: The Business Development Officer works collaboratively with others staff members under the direction of the General Manager.
Communication: The Business Development Officer possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. All information is handled confidentially.
- This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- Educational Requirements: Degree or diploma in business, commerce or equivalent experience
- Professional Experience: Experience in small business management or as a business advisor Economic development or not-for-profit experience an asset
- -Result-driven individual with strong interpersonal skills committed to entrepreneurial and community building.
- -Team player with the ability to work independently
- -Strong research, planning, project management and small business management skills
- -Strong communication skills (oral and written
-Excellent organizational and time management skills
- -English and French (Oral and written communication)
- IT Requirements:
- -MS Office Suite, email, web technology
- Location of work: 7 Mill Road, Terrace Bay, Ontario
- Travel: Valid Ontario Driver's licence Regional travel with occasional overnight stays Reimbursed as per Personnel Policy
- Reports to: General Manager
Probation Period: Three months
Performance Assessment: Yearly
Term: Full-time, one-year contract (renewable)
- Work Week: 37.5 hours, occasional evenings or weekends
- Salary: $44,000 annually
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package including RRSP contributions
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Deadline for applications is April 26th 2019 by 12:00noon Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume by email to: email@example.com
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Terrace Bay
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: