Deadline Date: 2019/04/19
The Township of Manitouwadge is a Northern community, nestled in the Canadian Shield, located 450km West of Sault Ste. Marie and 400km East of Thunder Bay, Ontario, serving a population of approximately 1,800 residents. The Township is accepting applications for the position of Director of Community Services
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Duties as assigned or as they pretain to the position.
- Post-secondary education, including degree or diploma in Recreation & Leisure or Recreation Facilities and/or Parks Management; or a related discipline
Minimum of 3-5 years relevant progressive experience in municipal facilities and parks operations. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Previous experience in providing technical advice and expertise in facility and/or parks management and planning, as well as experience leading facility projects and construction.
Possession of, or ability to obtain Facility Management and Administration certificates/training through Parks and Recreation Ontario, Ontario Parks Association and/or Ontario Recreation Facilities Association.
Strong supervisory and leadership skills, including management experience in a unionized environment.
Certifications/training in the following would be considered an asset: Certified Ice Technician (CIT), Certified Grounds Technician (CGT), Certified Building Technician (CGT), Certified Pool Operator (CPO), Horticulture/Turf Management
Good understanding of policies, procedures, by-laws, Ministry guidelines, safety standards, regulations and legislation related to the operation of facilities, parks, equipment and maintenance
Thorough knowledge of equipment, vehicles, tools and materials used in municipal facilities & parks
Demonstrated strong management, interpersonal, problem solving and team building skills
Superior ability to communicate effectively and concisely, including exceptional customer service experience and skills. Ability to create reports to Council and for presentation to the public.
Solid organizational and analytical skills for complex problem solving; detailed oriented, well organized and able to prioritize complex and multiple tasks with critical deadlines
Valid Ontario Drivers License
- The Township offers a comprehensive benefit package. Salary to commensurate will be based on certification and job experience. This position will require some evening meetings and weekend on call.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- To find out more about our great community and the many benefits of joining our team, please submit a detailed resume and proof of qualifications by Friday, April 19, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. to:
- Margaret Hartling, CAO/Clerk-Treasurer
- Township of Manitouwadge
- 1 Mississauga Drive
- Manitouwadge, ON P0T 2C0
- Fax: (807) 826-4592 E-mail: email@example.com
- Electronic applications must be in Word or PDF format
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Northwest Employment Works
- Position Title:
- Employment Programs
- Company Name:
- Confederation College
- 52 Peninsula Rd
- Postal Code:
- P0T 2E0
- (807) 229-3223
- Web Address: