The Employment Service program offers a range of resources, supports and service components to respond to the career and employment needs of individuals and the skilled labour needs of employers , and can help individuals on a path to higher skill training and employment
Who is it For?
Everyone can access the self-service information and resources including:
- People with jobs - who are underemployed
- People looking for work
- Youth (15-29 years old)
- Internationally Trained Individuals & newcomers
The ES Program is divided into three key areas:
1. Community Employment Resource Centre (RI)
Visit our Community Employment Resource Centre where anyone seeking employment/and or training can access this walk-in community resource. Individuals looking for work can access information on:
- the local labour market
- job search strategy workshops
- Summer Jobs Program
- training opportunities including Apprenticeship, Second Career and Self Employment Benefits Programs
2. Job Search (JS)
Supports for individuals who are determined unsuccessful/unable in conducting a job search on own.
This service offers:
- individualized assistance in career clarification & goal setting
- skills and interest assessments
- interview and employment preparation
- planning & conducting job search based on individual goal setting and action plan
3. Job Matching, Placement and Incentives (JMPI)
Individuals referred to this level of service will receive assistance from a Job Developer in obtaining a placement opportunity with a local employer to gain the necessary skills and experience to be successful in attaining their goals.