Deadline Date: 2019/09/13
EXECUTIVE CHEF REQUIRED
Rate of Pay will be based on experience
Salary Range - $45,000-68,000
Room and Board Provided
Rotation - 21 Days on, 7 Days Off
Term of Employment 12-26 Months
Sodexo a joint venture partner with Supercom is reaching out requiring an Executive Chef to be part of their team for the East West Tie Project. Your Contribution: Grow your career with a company that shares your passion. Sodexo is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Executive Chef for the East West Tie Project. At Sodexo we care and serving others is our purpose. This generates an authentic sense of pride for us. Improving the Quality of life for everyone we meet is our North Star. If you want to catch the Sodexo Spirit then we have the position you are searching for.
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed over 50 years of experience. Sodexos success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its 420,000 employees throughout the world.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- 21 Days on, 7 off
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- As Executive Chef in one of our accounts, you will be responsible for managing food service operations, planning and supervision, and coordinating employees for meal preparation and service. and food products for the customer as well as the production of our catering service. You will also be responsible for all aspects related to the management of the food management process, including orders, menu development, recipe creation, food quality assurance and all other related tasks. You will manage the cost of food and labor as well as procedures and planning for health and safety standards.
- Growth and Development:
- -ITHQ diploma or equivalent experience in high volume unit
- -Chef qualification certificate (red seal) an asset
- -Creative in its menu preparations, experience in catering and banquet are a pre-requisite
- -7 to 10 years or more of experience related to kitchen management
- -Ability to analyze and interpret financial data related to the cost of menus and food, control of purchases and inventories
- -Good management of fixed and variable costs (Food Cost and P & L), Leadership, Resourcefulness etc.
- -Effective skills in planning, organizing and managing time
- -Good knowledge of Sodexo's systems (HACCP- Health and Safety etc.)
- -Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- -Ability to build responsible and effective work teams
- -Ability to work under pressure
- -Experience in a unionized environment, an asset Obvious skills in written and verbal communication (French and English).
- -Demonstrated experience in employee management.
- -Good computer knowledge (FMS, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- -Order and inventory management
- -Management of work schedules
- -Menu planning, creativity and respect for standards
- -Employee training
- Value Behaviours:
- - Financial Management
- -Technical skills
- - Multiple priority management
- -Project supervision and project management
- -Establish strategic relationships
- Our Advantages *A wide array of interesting jobs *Nationwide locations *Tremendous growth possibilities *Continuous learning opportunities *Incentive Plans *Rewards & Recognition *Employee Benefits *Flexible Time *Discounts *Committed to People Development *Promoting Individual and Collective Achievements *Diversity and Inclusion *Corporate Citizenship *Hunger Fighting Initiatives *Environmentally Conscious....... To find out more, come visit us at: www.sodexo.ca
- Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
- "We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process."
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Please provide a cover letter and your updated resume if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Deadline to apply is Friday September 13, 2019 at 12 pm. *Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. * Cathy Martin, Sodexo Canada 740, rue St-Maurice, Suite 100 Montreal, Qc, H3C 1L5 Mobile: 514-346-4355 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Cathy Martin
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Sodexo Canada
- 740, rue St-Martin, Suite 100
- Postal Code:
- H3C 1L5
- Mobile: 514-346-4355
- Web Address: