Deadline Date: 2019/07/19
Location: Thunder Bay
Field Services Technician/Engineer REF#005J8I
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric is dedicated to maintaining and improving the customer system's reliability, productivity, comfort and efficiency, and providing to the customers with power, automation and control, and building life cycle service solutions. Our customer support services are designed so that the customers can select the level of expertise and resources they will need to keep their processes and infrastructure at peak operational performance, anywhere and anytime they need us.
The objective of the Field services is to Optimize the life cycle of the customer assets, improve performance, safety, and reduce maintenance costs - all with an experienced provider of complete field services and a partner you can trust.
The objective of the Industrial Automation Services is to Maximize the business infrastructure in order to face increasingly stringent demands on productivity, safety, equipment availability, and performance optimization. Link: https://www.schneider-electric.ca/en/work/services/field-services/industrial-automation/
The major role of the Field Services Technician/Engineer is to deal with challenges on a daily basis.
- Challenge to work on different Schneider's products.
- Challenge to work and integrate different technologies.
- Challenge to keep your knowledge up-to-date.
- Challenge to work with many people.
- ... and for sure the challenge to keep the customer happy.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today. You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 1135 Roland Street
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Varied
- Sales and Service
- The tasks associated to such a role will be:
- - Performs on-site or in-house servicing on the Modicon PLC systems.
- - Provide technical support for the Modicon PLC software and hardware.
- - Work on the software and hardware installation.
- - Work on networking including cyber security.
- - Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and system failures.
- - Provide recommendation based on the diagnostic or analyze.
- - Determines most cost-effective repairs/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
- - Manage service agreements.
- - Prepare FAT "Factory Acceptance Test" and / or SAT "Site Acceptance Test".
- - Write reports.
- - Prepare upgrade plans for the Modicon PLC equipment.
- - Experience New graduates with background in PLC's, controls & instrumentation
- SKILL / Requirements
- Experience with Modicon PLC
- Experience with Automation products like PLC or/and DCS
- Experience with Networking Good aptitude
- Good communicator
- Methodical and Ordained
- Being self-taught, even if we provide the necessary training
- Having an analytical mind
- Experience with short & long-term planning
- Establish a good relationship based on trust with your peers and customers
- SKILL / Optional
- Experience with Foxboro DCS;
- Experience with Triconex PLC;
- Experience with any PLC or/and DCS systems;
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Please submit your resume directly on our website at the following link: https://bit.ly/2KGsRJu
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Sabrina Verma
- Position Title:
- Talent Acquisition Partner
- Company Name:
- Schneider Electric Canada
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: