Deadline Date: 2019/09/13
Rate of Pay - $16.25/hour
Room and Board Provided
Rotation - 21 Days on, 7 Days off
Terms of Employment 12 -26 Months
Sodexo a joint venture partner with Supercom is reaching out requiring General Help- Kitchen Helpers to be part of their team for the East West Tie Project. It is anticipated that the opportunity will commence sometime at the end of September to October, at the NIPIGON CAMP location.
General Help-Kitchen Help
Sodexo Canada has the position you are looking for. One of our Remote Sites (East West Tie Project) is seeking Customer Service focused General Help (Kitchen Helpers) who are energetic and dynamic.
If you aspire to a job where your initiative and creativity will be highlighted every day, where your management skills will be recognized and if that's what motivates you, we have the position you are searching for.
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo Canada has consolidated its position by providing a range of Quality of Life in the corporate, education, healthcare and remote sites segments. Delivering more than 850 different food and facilities management solutions across 750+ sites, Sodexo is a market leader in Canada. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Rotation -21 Days on, 7 Days off
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- As a member of our team, you will provide the highest quality of customer service at all times, while maintaining the operation of all register transactions, including:
- - Serve food to clients in assigned areas.
- -Offer customers friendly and professional service at all times.
- - Ensure that food served meets service standards
- -Ensure familiarity with the items served, including basic knowledge of ingredients to answer questions from clients.
- -Make sure to keep your work area clean and tidy at all times.
- -Respond quickly and effectively to client inquiries.
- -Clean the assigned areas after the meal
- -Responsible for performing work according to safe work practices by: learning the safe way to do a job and seeking instructions when in doubt
- - Supporting the safety program in the unit
- -Assist chefs in the production of menu items as assigned
- -Maintain safety standards that meet or exceed those of the client, the Health Service
- - Taking orders and serving customers
- -Prepare coffee and other drinks
- -Register sales in the register
- -Daily cleaning of equipment
- - Perform any other duties that may be required from time to time by the supervisor (e.g., diving, cooking, cashing, etc.)
- Growth and Development:
- -High school diploma or equivalent
- -One to two years of desired experience, functional knowledge of food preparation and knowledge of the environment/cooking equipment
- -Demonstrated Aptitude for exceptional customer service, willingness to go beyond low requirements
- -Very good stress tolerance and resourcefulness
- -Ability to work under supervision and follow standard procedures
- -Integrity, appearance and performance
- -French/English bilingualism is an asset
- Value Behaviors:
- -Serving Clients and Customers
- -Analysis and Decision Making
- -Quality Assurance and Safety
- -Diversity Awareness
- -Drive and Dependability
- -Interpersonal Relations
- Our Advantages *A wide array of interesting jobs *Nationwide locations *Tremendous growth possibilities *Continuous learning opportunities *Incentive Plans *Rewards & Recognition *Employee Benefits *Flexible Time *Discounts *Committed to People Development *Promoting Individual and Collective Achievements *Diversity and Inclusion *Corporate Citizenship *Hunger Fighting Initiatives *Environmentally Conscious.....To find out more, come visit us at: www.sodexo.ca
- Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
- "We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process."
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Please provide a cover letter and your updated resume if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, September 13, 2019 at 12pm.
- *Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- * Cathy Martin, Sodexo Canada 740, rue St-Maurice, Suite 100 Montreal, Qc, H3C 1L5 Email: email@example.com
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Cathy Martin
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Sodexo Canada
- 740, rue St-Maurice, Suite 100
- Postal Code:
- H3C 1L5
- Web Address: