Deadline Date: 2019/12/20
OPG is looking for qualified candidates to join our Maintenance team as Instrumentation & Control Technicians with openings at the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, 40 km east of Toronto, along Lake Ontario. As a TERM employee for Ontario Power Generation you will be required to join Canadian Union of Skilled Workers (CUSW) and will be supporting the long-term life of the Pickering Generating Station. You will receive an attractive wage and benefit package through CUSW. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation's continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- An Instrumentation and Control Technician installs, maintains, calibrates, designs and troubleshoots networking systems, process control and environmental protection equipment in a variety of industrial environments. Specifically, an Instrumentation and Control Technician:
- - Installs, maintains and configures control and process systems
- - Calibrates, commissions, configures, installs and troubleshoots all pneumatic, electronic, electrical, mechanical and analytical instrumentation devices
- - Calibrates and repairs analytical instrumentation that monitors or controls flow, level, temperature, pressure, acidity, conductivity and humidity
- - Services all process control communication networks â€¢ Services environmental and other analytical instruments
- Have a minimum Grade 12 education;
- and Have a two to three year community college diploma in Instrumentation & Control or 447A.
- Have a two to three year community college diploma in Instrumentation & Control; or Hold a valid Certificate of Qualification (447A) Instrumentation & Control.
- - Successfully pass all formal examinations during the initial training period including Radiation Protection;
- - Be prepared to work a rotating 12-hour shift, including weekend and holidays;
- - Have exceptional problem solving abilities;
- - Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- - Have a high comfort level with computers;
- - If applicable, have Canadian equivalency of foreign education;
- - and Be eligible to work in Canada
Status: Term Contract (up to Pickering End of Commercial Operation, currently scheduled for 2024)
Education Level: Minimum Grade 12 diploma and related Certificate of Qualification (447A) or two or three year Instrumentation & Control College Diploma
Location(s): Pickering, ON
Shifts(s): Days and/or Rotating Shift including nights, weekends and holidays
Travel: Yes- As required
Deadline to Apply: December 20, 2019
- WHY OPG? As Ontario's largest clean energy generator, OPG offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success. At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don't change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
- Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- - Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- - Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- - Electricity is vital to the province If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
- Our promise to you:
- - We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- - A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- - Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- - Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- - Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- - We support employment equity and diversity.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., December 20, 2019.
- The selection process includes testing and an interview in order to be a successful applicant. You will also be required to provide proof of high school and/or college transcripts and Certificate of Qualification (please upload into your profile).
- OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
- OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Erin Wickware
- Position Title:
- Senior Staffing Officer
- Company Name:
- Ontario Power Generation
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: