Deadline Date: N/A
The Opportunity: Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for experienced Longhole Drill Operators to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while drilling production blast holes underground at the Hemlo Operations. More specifically, our Longhole Drill Operators will:
- -Comply with all safety and standard operating procedures
- -Accurately drill production blast holes to a design pattern using a mechanized drill
- -Read and accurately follow mine instruction plans with skill and precision while ensuring the holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile
- -Liaise with surveyors, geologists and engineers to optimise drill patterns and attain meter targets
- -Set-up and troubleshoot drill rigs, specifically Sandvik rigs
- -Safely prepare the areas to be drilled, charging or scrapping in accordance with mine safety procedures
- Skills and Experience:
- -Minimum high-school diploma or equivalent
- -Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- -Minimum 5 years experience as a Longhole Drill Operator working in an underground mine
- -Demonstrated knowledge of underground mining practices and the efficient operation of an underground Longhole Drill
- -Strong communications, organizational and time management skills
- -Ability to work independently with limited supervision while still being a contributing member of a team
- -Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- About Barminco: Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, an ASX 200 company and Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider. New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia, India, and across Africa (Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania, Botswana and Burkina Faso).
- New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees in 2020. We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world.
- We look forward to receiving your application for the opportunity presented below. At Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
- Location: Hemlo Operations in Marathon, Ontario
- Open To: Canadian Residents
- Rotation: 14 Days On / 7 Days Off (Moving to 14/14) This role will start on a 14-days on / 7-days off rotation, with the intention of becoming 14-days on / 14-days off. Shifts are days and nights. It is a "drive in/drive out" role if you reside outside the Marathon area.
What we offer:
Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, which is located on the north shore of Lake Superior.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which including alcohol and drug screening.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- How to Apply: If you are interested in this position, start your application by clicking:
- We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resouces
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: