Deadline Date: 2019/01/22
Location: Kenora, Dryden, Thunder Bay, Timmins, North Bay, and Sault Ste. Marie
Are you seeking summer employment? Join the Science North team, Northern Ontario's science centre and most popular tourist attraction! Help us deliver fun, educational experiences to a variety of audiences at numerous venues throughout Ontario from mid-June to late August. What's in it for you?
Whether you're returning to school in the fall or pursuing a career - a position at Science North will help you gain valuable, transferable skills and a reference from a world renowned science centre.
What kind of skills? Presentation skills, child management skills, organizational skills, time management skills... to name a few.
Massive exposure to a wide range of audiences; including children aged 4 to 14.
Opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors - don't stay locked inside this summer!
Learn and deliver awesome science experiences!
Become a part of the Science North family and make friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
- Are you interested in travelling this summer? Join one of our travelling crews and let's hit the road! We are currently recruiting for Science Communicators for our Summer Camp Programs in Northern Ontario. The successful candidate(s) will lead a staff team in the delivery of high quality science experiences for children. The position(s) will primarily be based in the following communities (Kenora, Dryden, Thunder Bay, Timmins, North Bay, and Sault Ste. Marie) with travel and delivery in various other communities around Northern Ontario. Responsibilities include: coordinating all program requirements, working with a diverse group of children, communicating with parents, supervising a staff team and resolving program challenges.
- The successful candidate(s) will have:
- - excellent supervisory skills,
- - demonstrated experience working with children and ideally be a resident of the respective city of program delivery.
- - The position also requires a current (less than 3 months) criminal background check,
- - a valid driver's license reflecting a 3 year safe driving record and current First Aid certification.
- - Fluency in English and French is required for some positions.
- - This is a contract position ranging from late May to early September 2019, with variable hours.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Interested candidates are asked to forward resumes to email@example.com, quoting job number 1-020. An early application represents your best opportunity for consideration. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North's selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Science North is a registered charity Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Breanna Scully
- Position Title:
- Organizational Development Officer
- Company Name:
- Science North
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: