Deadline Date: 2019/06/17
Location: Terrace Bay/ Schreiber and Marathon
SUPERIOR-GREENSTONE DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Requires Teacher and Post-Secondary Students for Summer Learning Programs
Locations: We will be running two (2) programs in the following areas:
Terrace Bay/Schreiber , Marathon
** We will require a Teacher at all two locations. ** We will require a Student at all two locations.
The Program is a primary based (Grades SK, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) program that will provide an opportunity for students who would benefit from a summer literacy program. It is intended to increase student achievement and close student achievement gaps. The program will identify the components of successful Summer Literacy Learning Programs and share best practices with Directors of Education. The research and program findings will be reported to the Student Achievement Division of the Ministry of Education. The Program will also examine learning rates in summer literacy programs and achievement gaps among various groups of students.
Duration: This is a 3-week summer program: Monday to Friday, 5 hours/day during the month of July. Rate of Pay Teacher - $39.42/hr + 4% VP Post Secondary Student - $18.91/hr + 4% VP
- Posting Date:
- Terrace Bay/ Schreiber and Marathon
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
- The Teacher will be responsible for developing and delivering the curriculum for the summer literacy program; delegation of work and supervision of the student position; acting as a liaison with the local recreation program partner; compilation and reporting of research data; other duties as may be required to fulfill the needs of the program.
- The Student will act as an Assistant to the Teacher in the above areas.
- The successful teacher candidate will hold Primary/Junior qualifications with a literacy based focus. Ontario College of Teacher Registration is required. Experience in Reading and Writing instruction in a Primary Classroom would be valuable. Preference will be given to a university student applicant who is attending either an Education or Recreation based program.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Applications should include a resume outlining experience, qualifications, and the names of three (3) professional references, one of which must be a current or most recent immediate supervisor, and written authorization from the applicant permitting the Board to contact these references. Information from such persons will be gathered in accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Deadline: Applications must be received by Monday, June 17, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Apply To: email@example.com quoting the posting number EP110-18/19 in your cover letter and email.
- Please note that we only accept applications submitted in either Word or Adobe Acrobat format. Our system does not support Google docs. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Following the interview process, all applications will be destroyed. SUPERIOR-GREENSTONE DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- P0T 2E0
- Web Address: