Deadline Date: 2021/02/28
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for a 3rd year Heavy Duty Apprentice Mechanic to join our team underground at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario. Working 14-shifts on / 14-Shifts off rotation, days and nights.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreperson, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while performing maintenance and repair activities on various pieces of heavy duty mining equipment.
More specifically, our 3rd Year Apprentice Mechanics will:
- Comply with all safety and standard operating procedures
- Help diagnose, service and repair various systems that are found on heavy equipment and trucks such as mechanical and computer electronic controls, air brake systems, transmissions, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance checks and adjustments such as fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires, and clutches; change filters and oil, and lubricates vehicles and motor driven equipment.
- Overhaul engines, replace engines, and rebuild components.
- Maintain service logs and records of maintenance.
- Keep tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in good working condition.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Be registered with the Ontario College of Trades as a 310T apprentice
- Experience working on various makes & models of Heavy Duty & Light Vehicles in a mining setting
- Experience working in an underground setting would be an asset
- Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision while still being a contributing member of a team
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol and drug screening.
- Location: Hemlo Operations, Marathon, ON
- Open to Local Residents of the Marathon/Manitouwadge Area
- 14 shifts on / 14 shifts off (days and nights)
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, start your application by visiting: https://barminco.com.au/
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: