Deadline Date: 2021/12/10
Location: Thunder Bay
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 1205 Amber Drive Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6M4
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Business, Finance and Administration
Aon Is Looking For An Account Coordinator Intern
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions within our Commercial Risk group in Thunder Bay, ON. This is a 4 months contract with possibility of an extension or permanent placement.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high-change environment? Do you love to be the point person for your colleagues and customers when they have questions? If you have ever wondered about building a career in the insurance industry, this could be a phenomenal start! The team in Thunder Bay is collaborative, goal-oriented and fun to work with.
Your Impact As An Account Coordinator
You will provide administrative support to accounts and serve as the internal point of contact for all documentation flow from the internal brokers and accounts team. This role is responsible for reviewing, and proofreading on policies and other insurance documents. With our dedication to the delivery of Aon’s distinctive client value, your role will focus on the following:
- Acting as the subject matter expert to all operational and procedural activities for the Commercial Risk team;
- On assigned accounts, you will be accountable for:
- Verifying, preparing, reviewing and issuing invoices, endorsements, cover notes and certificates of insurance to ensure their accuracy and completion in support of the team’s service plan;
- Processing new policies and policy renewals, changes, additions, deletions and cancellations;
- Composing and distributing routine correspondence;
- Reviewing & proofreading assignments, acquiring signatures & dispensing as appropriate;
- Assisting the Account Executives by reviewing policy documentation to ensure coverage requirements have been met;
- Assisting with the co-ordination of renewal meetings and required presentation materials with the Account Executives, and client service team.
- Answering & screening incoming calls;
- Handling general inquiries and take messages as needed;
- Providing training support and sharing of knowledge to members of the service team;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of standard methodologies; and
- Working on other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Previous work experience in an corporate environment is required;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven track record in prioritizing contending requirements and tight deadlines;
- Strong digital literacy skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience;
- Dedication to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please apply directly on the position through our Career Website: Account Coordinator Intern in Thunder Bay, Canada | Aon Corporation
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: