Deadline Date: N/A
Location: Sioux Lookout
Administrative Assistant – Roots for Community Wellbeing
The Roots for Community Wellbeing Administrative Assistant provides document processing, records and file maintenance, and secretarial services to the Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager and team.
- Posting Date:
- Sioux Lookout
- Start Date:
- The salary for this position is $45,686- $55,621.
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- The Approaches to Community Wellbeing is a regional resource to 31 First Nations Communities. The Approaches to Community Wellbeing provides expertise, support, services, and programming in public health to the region. The program also supports communities in the development, implementation, and monitoring of their own Approaches to Community Wellbeing. The Roots for Community Wellbeing section of the model includes data collection and analysis, planning and evaluation, research, ethics, policy, capacity building, and communications.
The Roots for Community Wellbeing Administrative Assistant is directly accountable to the Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and co-ordinates the activities of Roots for Community Wellbeing to increase the time available to the Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager and other members of the Roots for Community Wellbeing team for the management and delivery of the program/services.
- Co-ordinates the collection and preparation of material for programming
- Typed documents include: letters, memorandums, work plans, reports, administrative circulars, internal instructions and confidential correspondence
- Make meeting arrangements, prepare agendas and prepares minutes of meetings.
- Proofreads and modifies grammar, spelling and punctuation of all documents before submitting for signatures or mailing
- Receives, assesses for information from other departments and staff, made by telephone or in person, and/or refers to the most appropriate person
- Answers requests for information, made by telephone or in person, from the general public and other community agencies. Conveys messages to other departments, Roots for Community Wellbeing team members, and outside agencies
- Provides receptionist duties for the Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager and Roots for Community Wellbeing team members. Duties include but not limited to screening of telephone calls, taking and conveying messages and providing general information as required
- Assembles material for education and/or administrative purposes and distributes as required
- Orders and maintains an office supplies inventory for the Roots for Community Wellbeing team.
- Maintains the office filing system for Roots for Community Wellbeing
- Accesses e-mail for messages or information directed to the Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager, team members and/or self.
- Designs and produces forms and/or graphs for specific use in relation to the administrative of the project
- Inputs data related to Roots for Community Wellbeing services and compiles reports as required by the Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager and/or other team staff
- Maintain accountability by working within the program guidelines, by providing regular reports to the Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager and other team members as appropriate
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability by maintaining client and community confidentiality and completing the required documentation
- Co-ordinates travel for Roots for Community Wellbeing team members
- Other related duties as directed by the Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work experience and/or education in a health related area is considered an asset
- Previous office administration experience is considered an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and in person
- Ability to communicate in Ojibway, Oji-Cree, and/or Cree is an asset
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills in order to complete correspondence and respond to requests for information
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Completion of at least one year post-secondary education in Secretarial Arts
- Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- Open until filled
- How To Apply:
- Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources Department
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Department
- 61 Queen Street
- Sioux Lookout
- Postal Code:
- P8T 1B8
- Web Address: