Deadline Date: 2021/05/21
Location: Thunder Bay
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our Personal & Commercial teams.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 521 Memorial Avenue
- Start Date:
- 32-38 K
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Why Join the Jones Insurance Team?
People Focused - We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to take care of our customers and one another. We offer benefits, paid vacation, and a work environment that champions wellness for our staff.
Family-Oriented - We are flexible with work hours (we have kids, we totally get it). Take your birthday off with pay to spend with your family and friends.
Community Driven - We include 2 paid days off for our staff to volunteer in our community any way they see fit. We also support local boards and charities - and ultimately, we want to make Thunder Bay an amazing place to live, work and play!
Continuously Improving & Growing – We nurture those who want to develop and provide security and autonomy to those who want to thrive in their role and make it their own.
What you would do ...
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Assist in processing new insurance applications and policy modifications to existing policies into the broker management software and insurance companies'' portals.
- Support brokers by completing quote requests in our quotation management systems.
- Compile electronic packages for brokers.
- Support our commercial team and liaise with our partner companies and clients.
- Back-up: respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Back-up: administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, priority mail, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Back-up: cover breaks, lunches and sick days or holidays for our Director of First Impressions.
- Your core competencies ...
- Problem-solving: there are always unique situations that will challenge you day-to-day.
- Detail-oriented: crossing our t''s and dotting our i''s is key to meeting our customers'' needs.
- Communication: what we say and how we say it are integral to our success. You will need to understand our mission and ensure your messaging always reflects that.
- People skills: our team cares, plain and simple. Conducting ourselves professionally, with empathy and kindness, is essential to a Jones Insurance team member''s success.
- Adaptable: change is a constant with our business, and we believe in embracing it and making moves strategically for the better.
What your background would look like...
- 2+ years of work experience in a role with a strong administrative component is valued.
- Post-secondary education or an equivalent of relevant experience is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint & Teams.
- Insurance experience and knowledge of Power Broker or other Broker Management Systems is an asset but not a deal-breaker; we are ready to train the right person.
- Application deadline: 2021-05-21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32,000.00-$38,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Please click www.jonesins.com/careers
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Megan Elsey
- Position Title:
- Operations Officer
- Company Name:
- Jones Insurance
- 521 Memorial Avenue
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- P7B 3Y6
- Web Address: