What is an Apprentice?
- an apprentice is someone who learns a skilled trade on the job, under the direction of more experienced workers.
- apprentices also complete classroom instruction as part of thier training
- becoming an apprentice can be an important first step to learning new skills and building a rewarding career
What is an Apprenticeship?
- apprenticeship is a work based training program for people who want to work in a skilled trade.
- view a detailed list of the trades
Benefits of Apprenticeship Training include;
gain a skilled workforce that can produce and deliver goods to meet customer demand.
You can earn while you learn a skilled trade
Benefits of Hiring an Apprentice
The Ontario College of Trades has developed a summary of the benefits of hiring an apprentice.
Unsure where to start? Check out: https://www.ontario.ca/page/apprenticeship-ontario
How can I prepare for Apprenticeship?
How you prepare depends on your situation:
You are a Youth or Adult and are not in High School or College
You're in High School either Grade 11 or 12
You're in or about to go to College
- Come visit our Resource Centre and let our friendly staff help you start your path to Apprenticeship
- Visit the MLTSD website on Apprenticeship
- For Employers: The Ontario College of Trades website has all the information you need to know
- For Apprentices: Apprenticesearch.com is a valuable resourceful site for information about the trades