Deadline Date: 2021/06/30
AZ/DZ Drivers - Five positions available. Pay range $23 - $30/hr. based on experience. Live out allowance available.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
The DZ Truck Driver is responsible for operating trucks to transport dirt, aggregate, asphalt, and other materials and/or equipment to various job site locations. Will also work in the yard area to stockpile and move materials as needed. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs. The DZ Driver must deal with residents and members of the company in a courteous and respectful manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate specialized equipment, including winter equipment, in a safe and efficient manner to carry out work per the contract requirements.
• Perform pre and post vehicle inspections ensuring safety and roadworthiness. Ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations.
• Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver’s hours of service, transportation of dangerous goods, highway traffic acts, etc.
• Safely maneuver trucks into loading for unloading, following signals/directions from crew as needed.
• Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
• Perform periodic inspections before, during and after delivery to ensure that load is properly secured.
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on equipment; report any vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles.
• Participate in routine maintenance.
• Debris removal from work areas and general housekeeping of Cress Contracting facilities and grounds. Keep interior and exterior of vehicle clean.
• Be responsible to work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, the Cress Contracting Occupational Health, Safety and Workplace Violence Policy and Procedures, as well as established industry guidelines.
• Complete all necessary paperwork. May include but not limited to daily logs, CVOR related paperwork, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, circle check, bills of lading, etc.
• Ensure timely deliveries
• Respond to after hours emergency calls as required.
• For winter snow removal must be available 24/7 and respond to call-ins within 30 minutes (evening, weekends, nights, and holidays).
• Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
• Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
• A valid class AZ/DZ driver’s licence with a clean driver abstract and ability to drive manual transmission is required.
• Class D commercial license with air brake endorsement (Z) is required.
• 1+ years experience in Road maintenance/Snow removal and knowledge of OTM book 7 an asset
• First aid/CPR Certificate an asset.
• WHIMS / Dangerous goods training.
• Knowledge of applicable legislation including the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
• Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
• Must be able to perform physical work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
• Sound judgement and excellent decision making skills.
• Flexible with work hours and long shifts.
• Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Generally outdoors work environment in all types of weather and temperatures.
• Must be able to workout of town for extended periods of time.
• Safety Equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots.
• Moderate to heavy physical activity. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work long hours and weekends.
• Must be able to work after hours or when deemed necessary to meet deadlines and deal with crises or emergencies.
• Shift work or rotational on-call could be required.
• Travel to off site locations may be required.
• Overtime as required.
Responsible to: Maintenance Supervisor
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- How To Apply:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org fax 807-229-1636.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Cress Contracting
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Cress Contracting
- Postal Code:
- P0T 1R0
- Web Address: