Deadline Date: 2021/10/08
Location: Thunder Bay
The Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay is currently recruiting for a Banquet Server! Reporting to F&B Director/Manager, the Banquet Server is responsible for setting up for events, serving guests and cleaning up after the event. The set-up of events includes place settings, arranging table placements, placing tablecloths and full place settings, as well as setting up a buffet.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 1 Valhalla Inn Rd
- Start Date:
- $12.25 plus gratuities
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Varied
- Hospitality / Toursim
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the F&B Director/Manager, the Banquet Server/Porter will:
- Be part of the Banquet team and provide exceptional service to guests attending meetings, functions and events at the Hotel;
- Set up the Banquet room as indicated on the Banquet Event Order, to include room set up, table set up and buffet set up;
- Ensure a warm and welcoming interaction with every guest, exemplifying our You Matter mantra;
- Respond to guest requests in a courteous and friendly manner;
- Serve the beverage and food in the appropriate order and in tune with the expectation of the Banquet Manager, to ensure consistency throughout the event;
- Discretely removes dishes as guests finish each course at the end of each meal or function;
- Abide by all service standards, laws and requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages and food handling;
- Replenishes beverages when necessary and check with guests regularly to make sure the are pleased with the event and service;
- Following a function, reset banquet room in accordance with specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for other functions;
- Work with all supporting departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests, ensuring our vision of passionate people creating exceptional experiences is at the forefront of every interaction;
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Director of Rooms and/or designate.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift;
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs;
- Occasionally lifting more than 50 lbs;
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps;
- Ability to reach with hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
- Previous F&B Serving experience is desirable, but not required;
- Able to verbally communicate in English is an asset;
- Secondary school education is desirable, but not required;
- Strong customer service and communication skills, and the ability to multi-task is a strong requirement;
- Ability to work quickly and as a team in a fast-paced environment;
- High level of professionalism and an eye for presentation;
- Must be able to move, lift, carry and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 lbs without assistance, and in excess of 30 lbs with assistance;
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping;
- Stand, sit, kneel or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift;
- Friendly and cooperative disposition and easily able to work cooperatively with team members;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and team members;
- Available to work nights, weekends and/or holidays as required;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
About Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay
The Valhalla Inn is both the largest full-service hotel in Northwestern Ontario and the most unique. Located just minutes away from the Thunder Bay International Airport and near to some of the city’s main attractions, The Valhalla Inn is perfectly situated for any travelling to Thunder Bay.
With a wide array of accommodations ranging from Executive Suites to Family Rooms and even Pet-Friendly Rooms, the Hotel boasts 265 rooms meeting every traveler’s needs. The Hotel is slated to begin a full renovation in 2021.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional! Successful candidates will be invited to a virtual interview!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at (807) 577-1121.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Use the Web Form below
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Melissa Gillard
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Valhalla Inn
- 1 Valhalla Inn Rd
- THUNDER BAY
- Postal Code:
- P7E 6J1
- Web Address: