Deadline Date: 2021/04/11
Location: Thunder Bay
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre (GJCC) is a paediatric health facility in Thunder Bay, Ontario. GJCC strives to empower children, youth and families through the delivery of specialized rehabilitative and inter-professional services in a client-centered environment. We are currently seeking talented people to join our Behaviour Support Services Program.
BEHAVIOUR THERAPISTS; (1) regular full-time & (1) temporary (12-month) full-time
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Working under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor, and using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis, the Behaviour Therapist provides intervention services in individual and group therapy settings to children and adolescents with behavioural challenges. Services include direct behavioural therapy at various intensities, summarization of data on observable behaviours, preparation of resources, and collaboration with the treatment plan team including the client, caregivers, school staff, and community agencies.
- To be considered for this position, candidates should meet the following criteria:
• Hold a degree or diploma in the area of psychology or human services (e.g. early childhood education, autism and behavioural studies);
• Completed or willing to complete the Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) Certificate;
• Related experience working with children and providing behavioural intervention for children with autism is preferred;
• Knowledge and skills in implementing behavioural strategies is preferred;
• Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team;
• Creativity and flexibility;
• Current CPR/First Aid certification;
• Non-Violent Crisis Prevention training is preferred;
• Hold a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a personal vehicle; and,
• Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector screening.
The Behaviour Therapist may travel within the City and District of Thunder Bay and be required to work in a variety of environments including centre-based, school, home, and virtual in order to meet needs of children and families.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to enrich children’s lives, while enhancing your professional and personal growth in our team-based environment. Passion for providing the best possible standard of care, understanding of paediatric behavioural services, and exceptional people skills are key to succeeding in this role. We encourage applications from qualified candidates, who share our vision of empowered children and families.
- George Jeffrey Children’s Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know. Appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through the process.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Deadline for application is April 11, 2021. Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume with covering letter to:
Human Resources Manager
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre
200 Brock Street East
Thunder Bay ON, P7E 0A2
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Rhonda Lento
- Position Title:
- Human Resources
- Company Name:
- George Jeffrey Children's Centre
- 200 Brock Street
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- P7E 0A2
- Web Address: