Deadline Date: 2021/03/31
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bolter/All Rounder to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
Working a rotation of 14-shifts on / 14-shifts off, this position is a "drive-in/drive-out’ role if you reside outside the Marathon area.
Shifts are days and nights.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while preparing for the advancement of development headings and/or production stopes.
More specifically, our Bolters/All Rounders will:
- Comply with all safety and standard operating procedures
- Proficiently operate the MacLean Bolter and/or the Gemini, jacklegs and stopers
- Install and grout cable bolts/tension
- Advance mine services such as ventilation, water and air
- Muck using a 7 and 9-yard loading equipment
- Perform other related work as assigned
Skills and Experience Required:
- Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Minimum of 5 years working in an underground mine
- Ontario Hard Rock Miner Common Core with modules U0004, U0005, U0010, U0011 (please include transcript with application)
- Have experience operating bolters, loaders, jacklegs and stopers
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision while still being a contributing member of a team
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Location: Hemlo Operations, Marathon, Ontario
- Open to Canadian Residents
- 14 shifts-on / 14 shifts-off (days and nights)
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations near Marathon, Ontario.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol and drug screening.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Your interest and experience can be expressed by visiting https://barminco.com.au/
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: