Deadline Date: 2022/06/01
Location: St. George
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from under-served communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
- Posting Date:
- St. George
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
This role will be based on-site at the Tim Horton Onondaga Farms
June 17, 2022 – September 1, 2022
What would you be doing?
- deliver training on areas such as mental health, positive behaviour management, bullying, disclosures, as well as appropriate responses to situations that may occur at camp
- provide on-going coaching and support to camp staff as it relates to meeting camper mental, behavioural, social and emotional needs
- ensure proper response, follow-through and debrief on situations arising with campers
- handle cases of suspected abuse and neglect in line with THCF Wellness Standards
- make referrals to support services in home communities of the campers
- work collaboratively and communicate with camper families, the camp management team, wellness team and Camper Support Manager to meet the best interests of the camper
- establish relationships with youth that reflect respect, trust and empathy
- model healthy choices and emotional maturity
- be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp setting for 10 day sessions, with 2 days of break in between
- have the opportunity to experience personal growth alongside the campers you are supporting
Does this sound like you?
- a graduate of a post-secondary Social Work or Child and Youth Work program
- experienced at working with youth aged 12 – 16 in a professional mental health setting
- understanding and sensitive to the challenges faced by youth from low-income homes
- skilled in building interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence positive decision-making, listen, manage conflict, and practice sensitivity and compassion
- certified in Standard First Aid, or are willing to obtain
- able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
To learn more about the impact of the experience you will take part in, watch this short video
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the Ontario Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Please apply through this link: https://timscamps.com/tims-camps-jobs/current-opportunities/?gh_jid=5708095002
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Caitlin Carson
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: