Deadline Date: 2021/06/29
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services (AFFES) program, is looking for a dynamic and well organized individual to support, and assist in the delivery of, AFFES capital construction, infrastructure and facilities management programs. If your forte lies in small and large project management initiatives, then this challenging opportunity is ideal for you!
- Posting Date:
- 95 Ghost Lake Road
- Start Date:
- Seasonal Contract
- $1,011.26 - $1,213.89 Per Week
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Infrastructure and Facilities Management
What can I expect to do in this role?
- participate in, and assist with facilitating, project planning teams in the development of facility reviews, feasibility studies and detailed infrastructure design programs
- assist with providing project background for the purpose and objectives as they pertain to detailed designs
- assist in the development of project plans and reviewing bids
- provide support in the development of AFFES's 3- to 10-year capital plans
- conduct site assessments to identify properties for capital restoration, repair and maintenance work
- provide capital project consultation, advice and expertise to management
How do I qualify?
- You possess expertise in the area of facility, accommodation and portfolio management, as well as asset and infrastructure management theories, principles and standards, to coordinate facility management services and facility planning and construction projects.
- You possess knowledge of, and the ability to apply and interpret, a wide range of policies, acts and regulations relating to facilities management and capital projects such as Construction Lien Act, Environmental Assessment Act, Ontario Building Code, and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Administrative and Financial Knowledge
- You have knowledge of office administration and project management processes and procedures to ensure the successful completion of projects in a results-based environment.
- You possess knowledge of financial, procurement and administrative policies and procedures to effectively manage small and large capital projects and report on project expenditures (budget).
- You have an understanding of financial analysis, business case development, contract management and planning to assist with multiple, concurrent projects and to coordinate work.
- You are knowledgeable in various computer programs, databases and systems as well as the internet.
Project Management Skills
- You demonstrate the ability to assist in leading large-scale capital projects from conception to completion.
- You can plan, coordinate and prioritize work, and manage projects within tight deadlines.
- You can assist in providing project leadership and expertise to multi-disciplinary teams.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You possess well developed communication skills to provide advice and recommendations to senior management and project teams.
- You can establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, consultants, tradespeople and community partners.
- You have strong technical writing skills to develop project plans, feasibility studies, business cases and proposals.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- You possess analytical skills to examine information, programs and projects to assess risk, and evaluative skills to review contracts, and constructions drawings to ensure their accuracy.
- You possess problem-solving and dispute resolution skills to resolve complex negotiations and service agreements/contracts with third parties.
- 1 Temporary - Recurring Seasonal Contract for up to 42 weeks (February to October), 95 Ghost Lake Rd, Dryden, North Region
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 164031, by Tuesday, June 29, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: