Deadline Date: 2021/01/31
Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for Development and Production Charge-Up Operators to join our team underground at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while handling and transporting explosive materials for development and production blasting.
More specifically, our Charge-Up Operators will:
- Operate and properly maintain the truck and loading equipment and accessories;
- Use a variety of explosives (ANFO/Emulsion) and initiating systems, depending on drill pattern, rock type and hole dimension;
- Charge-up holes and fire blasts according to plan;
- Liaise with Geologists, Engineers and Shift Supervisors to optimize blast designs;
- Perform loading and dumping cycles from development and production areas;
- Keep all roads in working areas tidy and free of hazards
- Be open to learning new methods and be willing to share their skills and knowledge with co-workers
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Demonstrated commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in underground mining
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a charge-up role
- Ontario Hard Rock Mining Common Core, including modules U0006 ‘Blasting’ (U0093 ‘Mobile Bulk Blasting’ preferred)
- Working at Heights Certificate;
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Be reliable and dependable
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol and drug screening.
- Location: Hemlo Operations, Marathon, Ontario
- Open to Canadian Residents
- 14 shifts-on / 14 shifts-off (days and nights)
This position works 14-days on / 14-days off
Shifts are days and nights.
It is a "drive in/drive out" position if you reside outside the Marathon, Ontario region.
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
How to Apply: Start your application by visiting: https://barminco.com.au/
Please include copies of your Ontario Underground Common Core Modular Training Transcript and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: