Deadline Date: 2021/12/15
Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for Charge-Up Operators (Blasters) to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Natural Resources, Agriculture
- Operate and properly maintain the truck and loading equipment and accessories;
- Use a variety of explosives (ANFO/Emulsion) and initiating systems, depending on drill pattern, rock type and hole dimension;
- Charge-up holes and fire blasts according to plan;
- Liaise with Geologists, Engineers and Shift Supervisors to optimize blast designs;
- Perform loading and dumping cycles from development and production areas;
- Keep all roads in working areas tidy and free of hazards
- Be open to learning new methods and be willing to share their skills and knowledge with co-workers
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Demonstrated commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in underground mining
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a charge-up role
- Ontario Hard Rock Mining Common Core, including modules U0006 ‘Blasting’ (U0093 ‘Mobile Bulk Blasting’ preferred)
- Working at Heights Certificate;
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Be reliable and dependable
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol and drug screening.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
For full job posting and to apply, visit:
Please include copies of your valid Ontario Hard Rock Miner Common Core Modules, certifications, licenses and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: