Deadline Date: 2021/12/31
Location: Thunder Bay
Child Care Workers oversee services to children who are in the care of Tikinagan. The work of Child Care Workers is guided by our Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin Service Model – everyone working together to raise our children.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- Start Date:
- $56,337 - $67,328
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop a trusting relationship with children in care through regular visits and contact.
• Assess their needs and develop a plan of care for each child in care, working with the child, foster parents, local service providers, Chief and Council and others as appropriate.
• Arrange or provide services to meet the needs of children in care.
• Keep the Supervisor informed of key issues and serious occurrences.
• Complete case notes on all case activities, and maintain up to date documentation for children care files.
• This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations Ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment). We invite applicants to Self-Identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.
• Interest in working with children and youth. Experience with raising a family, working with children, or being a part of community life in small remote communities.
• Interest in learning new skills. On the job training will be provided. Education/experience in social services or child welfare is an asset, but not required
• Knowledge of and lived experience with the Aboriginal culture, including land-based activities, spiritual understanding, importance of Elders, etc
• Basic verbal and written communication skills and personal time management
• Ability to speak Ojicree or Ojibway is a very strong asset, but not required
• Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
• Computer experience is an asset, but not required
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
• Successful applicant will be required to provide verification of both Covid-19 vaccinations
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
TO APPLY: Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee and include the Competition Number or the name of the position you are applying for:
• BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1 OR
• BY FAX: (807) 737-4550 OR
• BY EMAIL: HR@tikinagan.org OR
• DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (ask the receptionist to fax your application to Human Resources)
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Laurie Fisher
- Position Title:
- HR Specialist
- Company Name:
- Tikinagan Child and Family Services
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: