Deadline Date: 2021/01/31
Location: Parry Sound
We are looking for a Clinic Nurse who is accountable for the development and delivery of a range of harm reduction and supportive treatment modalities for patients with opiate dependency based on a patient centered model of care. The ideal candidate is a compassionate, caring individual and who can understand the challenges our patients and their families face.
- Posting Date:
- Parry Sound
- 32 James St, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1T5
- Start Date:
- 8 per week
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates professionally, ethically and with integrity within the guidelines and standards of the Ontario College of Nurses and adheres to the highest standards of medical practice
- Dispense and administer medications (including methadone, suboxone, narcotics, and injections) as delegated by a licensed Physician.
- Collaborates with members of an interdisciplinary team to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate the appropriate treatment plans to support the patient.
- Performs ECG’s, venipuncture, urine drug screening supervision and testing and other vitals
- Administers injections and ensures proper documentation of injection numbers consistent with documented protocols
- Responsible for the return of medication bottles, and medication tracking sheets
- Communicates with Physician regarding patient needs, change in status and all emergency situations including medical abnormalities
- Provides comprehensive program information to current and prospective patients of CATC
- Scheduling, information entry and assessment, data management, and document management
- Update, maintain and ensure accuracy of patient information within Electronic Medical Records
- Completion of a Diploma in Registered Practical Nursing or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Previous experience in addiction treatment and/or a similar field.
- A member in good standing with the College of Nurses in Ontario.
- Completes yearly CNO Quality Assurance certification.
- Provision of a recent and acceptable Criminal Reference Check.
- Phlebotomy and Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG) are an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification is required.
- Strong commitment to working with individuals living with addiction and mental health.
- Ability to establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Knowledge of Harm Reduction principles; ability to work with clients experiencing addiction and mental illness and their families.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft platform, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At the Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres, we strive to be leaders in the industry by creating access to best-in-class treatment to the communities that we serve. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals living with the devastating effects of drug addiction. We focus on the quality of care and patient experience while providing an encouraging, compassionate and judgement-free environment. We apply a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach and strive to provide quality of care and patient experience, while providing an encouraging, compassionate and judgement-free care environment. Each of our clinics offers integrated medical and pharmacy services specifically designed to engage patients in a manner that promotes the development of a strong therapeutic relationship between the patient and his/her CARE team.
Please visit www.canatc.ca for more information!
Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- We ask interested candidates to submit their cover letter and resume including the Job Reference No and Position in the Subject Line to email@example.com
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Christina Bang
- Position Title:
- Recruitment Specialist
- Company Name:
- Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres
- 175 Commerce Valley Drive West, Suite 300
- Postal Code:
- L3T 7P6
- Web Address: