Deadline Date: 2022/01/31
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for experienced Construction Miners to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Natural Resources, Agriculture
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the successful candidates will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while efficiently completing construction projects in the underground mine.
More specifically, our Construction Miners will:
- Comply with all safety and standard operating procedures
- Installation of concrete form-work and concrete placement
- Shot-crete and Fibre-crete works
- Vent wall and vent door installations
- Installation of general mine infrastructure (i.e. sumps, paste pipe, air/water reticulation, etc.)
- Escape-way installations
- Refuge Chamber and Refuge Station installs
- Material handling, system repairs and installations
- Performs other related work as assigned
- Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Minimum high school diploma
- Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core modules required
- Minimum 5 years underground mining experience
- Minimum 2 years specific to Construction Mining
- Welder/Fabricator certification would be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision while still being a contributing member of a team
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
Working a rotation of 14-shifts on / 14-shifts off, this position is a "drive-in/drive-out" role if you reside outside the Marathon/Manitouwadge Ontario area.
Shifts are days and nights.
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, which is located on the north shore of Lake Superior.
NOTE: Barminco and our client have zero tolerance for alcohol or drugs in the workplace. Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol, cannabis and drug screening.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
For full job posting and to apply, visit:
Please include copies of your valid Ontario Hard Rock Miner Common Core Modules, certifications, licenses and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: