Deadline Date: 2021/06/30
Construction Supervisor - one position available. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of a long range construction project including planning, production, and monitoring performance. Pay range $30 - 45/hr. based on experience with Live Out Allowance and company vehicle.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager this role is responsible to preform activities related to the managing of all aspects of construction projects including planning, production and monitoring performance. Job safety training and awareness is an important part of your responsibility. The Construction Supervisor must also diagnose and provide solutions for common production issues, support field efforts, and evaluate project specifications. The Construction Supervisor must deal with residents, customers, and members of the company in a courteous and respectful manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that daily operations are carried out in accordance to company policies and objectives.
• Ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation and with the Cress Contracting Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, in daily operations, as well as ensuring that Health and Safety Training is carried out in accordance to requirements.
• Work closely with Operations Manager to manage costs.
• Oversee the effective utilization of manpower, equipment, inventory, and project development.
• Perform Quality Control duties in order to ensure workmanship and specifications are met or exceeded
• Maintain production schedules and budgeted operating costs.
• Coordinate driver schedules managing every driver’s hours for maintenance.
• Direct liaison with consultants, sub-contractors and site personnel.
• Represent Cress Contracting during on-site visits with the customer, authorities and regulatory agencies.
• Ensure all equipment is clean and operating in a safe, efficient manner while minimizing operating costs.
• Complete all necessary paperwork.
• Respond to after-hours emergency calls as required.
• Perform additional duties and special projects as required
Skills & Qualifications
• Experience in supervision or team leadership an asset.
• MTO Book 7 experience considered an asset.
• Have good computer knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft office.
• Demonstrate effective leadership, conflict resolution skills, and the ability to interpret and manage competing priorities under time constraints.
• Willingness to hold employees accountable for safety and performance.
• First aid/CPR Certificate an asset.
• Knowledge of applicable legislation including the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
• Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
• Sound judgement and excellent decision-making skills.
• Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Pay Range - $30-45/hr. Based on experience.
• Company Truck supplied.
• Live Out Allowance available.
• Generally, outdoors work environment.
• Safety Equipment will be required, e.g., steel-toed safety boots.
• Moderate to heavy physical activity. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work after hours or when deemed necessary to meet deadlines and deal with crises or emergencies.
• Shift work or rotational on-call could be required.
• Travel to off-site locations may be required.
• Overtime as required.
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Construction Operators
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- How To Apply:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org fax 807-229-1636.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Cress Contracting
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Cress Contracting
- Postal Code:
- P0T 1R0
- Web Address: