Deadline Date: 2021/04/30
NORTH OF SUPERIOR COUNSELLING PROGRAMS Position Description – Counsellor, Adult Service Program
CU-03-2021– Schreiber Competition -OPEN-18 month contract (Union)
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
The Counsellor, Adult Service Program provides professional mental health and addiction services for residents of the North of Superior service area. These services include assessments, treatment, aftercare, treatment planning, consultative and primary prevention activities. In addition, the Counsellor, Adult Service Program provides professional assessment, referral and counselling services for clients, families and significant others who suffer from the effects of substance abuse/problem gambling. All duties will be carried out under the clinical and administrative supervision of the Regional Manager.
Organizational (Supervisory Process, Teamwork, Policies/Procedures)
- Participate as an effective and active member of the Agency Team.
- Participate in research and program evaluation projects within the Agency.
- Participate in the Agency’s supervisory process (clinical and administrative) and performance appraisal process.
- Familiarize and comply with the Agency’s policies, procedures, standards and legislation, and remain open to the challenge of examining positive changes.
- Develop personal goals for learning, evaluation skills, and accepting direction and guidance.
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical standards deemed necessary for a human service professional.
- Actively participate in Staff and Team Meetings, assist in team building activities and co-lead regular Team meetings.
- Participate and contribute to general Agency-wide activities and functions (i.e., committee work, Agency days).
- Will be supportive of Agency policies, direction and leadership.
- Regular attendance at work is mandatory.
- Mindfulness & Self Reflection
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Resourceful & Adaptable
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organization
- Time Management
- Independence & Teamwork
- Client & Service Orientation
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
a)Master or Bachelor Social Work Degree, or a Registered Psychotherapist from a recognized university with registration in an Ontario College listed in (b).
b) Current unrestricted registration with a regulatory college to perform psychotherapy is required. Candidate must be registered by: the College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario, the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, College of Psychologist of Ontario, College of Psychologist of Ontario, College of Nurses of Ontario, College of Occupational therapist of Ontario, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
c) Certification as an Alcoholism Counsellor (C.A.C) will be an asset.
d) A preference of three (3) years’ experience in a mental health &/or addiction agency providing clinical interventions for referred clients/patients.
e) Working knowledge of DSM IV
f) Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
g) Advanced skills in oral and written communications, assessment, and treatment planning and clinical record keeping.
h) Computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel are a definite asset.
i) The position may require working flexible hours contingent upon client need.
j) A valid Ontario Driver's Licence is required. The use of a privately owned vehicle and appropriate insurance coverage is required.
k) Able to occasionally travel out of town to attend professional development, Agency all staff meetings and/or backup to other NOSP offices when necessary.
l) French language will be considered an asset.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY & ANNUAL POLICY REVIEWS:
- Follows all policies and procedures to ensure personal safety and safety of others.
- Report any equipment or safety problems to supervisor.
- Review Agency policies and procedures as required.
In the performance of his/her duties, the Counsellor, Adult Services will ensure the confidentiality of members and Branch matters. A breach of confidentiality may result in immediate dismissal.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- How To Apply:
These positions will remain open until they are filled.
If you would like to submit your resume, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume must be attached in a PDF or a Word document format, and please indicate the position you are inquiring about.
North of Superior Counselling Programs is committed to providing accommodations throughout the employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants requiring accommodations during the recruitment process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements.
We thank all applicants for their interest in available opportunities, and for considering employment with North of Superior Counselling Programs Please note that while we appreciate all applications, we regret that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- North of Superior Counselling Programs
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: