Deadline Date: 2021/09/24
Location: Thunder Bay
The Development Assistant will work with the Sr. Director of Philanthropy in both Major & Legacy Giving as well as the Annual Giving Programs by providing administrative support. The Development Assistant is committed to a donor-centered and empathetic approach working with donors to inspire philanthropy.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 980 Oliver Road
- Start Date:
- 43,500- 49,000
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
The Development Assistant is responsible for assisting in the development of the Major and Legacy Giving and Annual Giving Programs. The Development Assistant will assist in the development, implementation, administration, completion and evaluation of fundraising programs and/or events in support of the Major and Legacy Giving as well as Annual Giving Programs. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be proficient in RE Management to the Annual Giving and Major and Legacy Giving Programs, including Employee Giving, Campaigns, Major Donor Reception, Donor Recognition and Stewardship,
- Assist in the Implementation and Stewardship of Legacy Leaders Program into our Legacy Program.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate strategies for cultivation and solicitation of individual and corporate donors.
- Participate on internal and external committees.
- Responsible to maintain donor files.
- Provide friendly service to any inquiries via phone or in person
- Direct inquiries to the most appropriate Foundation staff if not able to answer question directly
- Coordinate attendees, room and catering requirements for meetings and Foundation functions as required in Major and Legacy, as well as Annual Giving Programs
- Assist with the annual giving program (direct mail, employee giving, memorial giving, and monthly donations).
- Database management, annual employee giving events, organizing meetings and following up with donors.
- Working with new and existing donors while building relationships to educate regarding the Foundation, its activities, current and future investments.
- Work on presentation for education, manage and evaluate donor reports through our database (Raiser''s Edge).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Above average communicator – both written and orally. This position also demands knowledge of and sensitivity to patients and their families, donors, recognition programs, and superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide appropriate stewardship to various constituencies including but not limited to donors, volunteers and community members.
- Able to handle multiple projects with competing timelines.
- Provides friendly service to any individual contacting the Foundation including, but not limited to donors, volunteers, board directors, patients and Health Sciences Centre staff.
- Able to multi-task, have superior time management skills, above average listening skills and patience.
- Ability to work comfortably in InDesign, Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Publisher and electronic mail are imperative. The ability to operate office equipment (i.e. copiers, computers, printers) is also required. The ability to use Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Requires some flexibility with hours and location of work.
The Development Assistant will have completed post-secondary education, preferably in one of the following areas:
- Business Administration
- Office Administration
And/or have a minimum one to three (1-3) years experience in fundraising or office administration.
- Salary range: $43,500- $49,000
- Work hours: 9AM – 5PM, Monday through Friday. Some after-hours required.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Paid vacation
- This position will have a 6 month probationary period
- Workplace is a physical location inside Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre.
- Professional development supported
- You are making a local impact and helping people get better!
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 24th at 4:00pm
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Sarah Miniaci
- Position Title:
- Executive Coordinator
- Company Name:
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Foundation
- 980 Oliver Road
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: