Deadline Date: 2021/07/31
Location: Anywhere in Ontario
Boart Longyear is looking to hire Diamond Drillers in Training! Start working as a Driller Assistant and become drained as a Driller on site.
PERKS Include: Retention Bonus, Competitive Wages, Training for Drillers and Driller Assistants provided, Benefits and Pension Packages, Travel Pay*, Room and Board Provided* *some sites
- Posting Date:
- Anywhere in Ontario
- Start Date:
- Full Time
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
The following are a general list of duties and responsibilities that maybe adjusted from time to time by your supervisor. At no time will you be asked to do something unsafe and if you believe that is unsafe you are to stop work immediately and advise your supervisor:
- Safety is PARAMOUNT in our business. You must follow all established policies, procedures and best practices as well as the law at all times.
- As an employee you must perform all your duties in a safe manor taking care of the equipment and co-workers that you work with.
- You will be responsible for the general condition and obtaining optimum life out of all site equipment and tools.
- You may be responsible for the training of new Driller Assistants in a safe environment.
- Be physically fit for work
- Work under instructions of a driller/drilling field supervisor or division manager. Daily routine work is accomplished with more or less direction depending on the competency level.
- Work safely and follow EHS policies and procedures and conduct local risk control
- Have the ability to apply first aid
- Support the drilling operations: handle rods and drilling tools, collect and handle samples, mix drilling fluids, carry out basic maintenance of tools and equipment, housekeeping, supplies count, perform basic measurement and calculations, carry out basic operator maintenance, complete pre-start checks, refuel vehicles and plant.
- May be required to operate non-drilling equipment such as light or heavy vehicles, cranes, tele handlers, forklift, skidders, track-mounted utility vehicles, etc
- Monitor a safe workplace, maintain workplace safety and apply risk management processes for elimination of work-related injuries, damage to equipment and incident-related lost time.
- Maintain accurate operating records, including daily drill reports and inventory logs
- Contribute to and establish effective workplace relationships
- Provide training through instruction and demonstration of work skills, coaching and mentoring to other field employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Sufficient language skills, literacy and numeracy skills to perform all job-related tasks
- Labour background considered an asset
- 2+ years of directly related experience.
- Exposure to different drilling environments and techniques is preferred.
- This position requires the successful candidate to meet the Fitness for Duty program standards.
- Common Core (Records need to be submitted)
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR apply online at https://careers.boartlongyear.com/
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Kyra Hermann
- Position Title:
- Senior Recruiter
- Company Name:
- Boart Longyear
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: