Deadline Date: 2022/01/31
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for Electricians to join our team underground at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Trades, Transport, and Equipment
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing all electrical systems and equipment underground at the Hemlo Operations.
More specifically, our Electricians will:
- Carry out scheduled electrical servicing in accordance to manufacturer specifications, the Electrical Code, CSA standards, while following company and client standard operations procedures and safety protocols
- Identify and organize the resources required for each job such as tools and other equipment, additional personnel or assistants, to ensure the efficient and timely completion of tasks and to maximize productivity
- Complete all service sheets and document additional repairs performed on each task
- Diagnose and anticipate any problems or potential failures and provide recommendations for solutions
- Read and interpret service and spare parts manuals
- Carry out regular inspections of systems and required tools
- Complete various daily, weekly, monthly reports as required
- Be open to learning new methods and be willing to share your skills and knowledge with co-workers
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in the shop and at job sites
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Demonstrated commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Ontario Provincial or Inter-Provincial Electrical certification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an underground mine
- Underground Common-Core would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written, and must be computer/systems literate
- Be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of tasks as required
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- This role is 14-days on / 14-days off.
- Shifts are days and nights.
- It is a "drive in/drive out" role if you reside outside the Marathon area.
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, located on the north shore of Lake Superior.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical including alcohol and drug screening.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
For full job posting and to apply, visit:
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: