Deadline Date: 2021/07/30
Location: Various locations
Ridge Energy is seeking experienced and potential Energy Advisors to join our team. We anticipate a significant demand for Energy Advisors as the federal government rolls out a new home energy rebate program during the Summer of 2021. The job involves facilitating home energy audits in Ontario.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- set your own
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- An Energy Advisor is trained to follow the NRCan protocol of performing an Energy Evaluation in residential homes up to three storeys high and built under the Part 9 building code.
An Energy Evaluation is a measurement of efficiency of a home. This involves measuring and taking photos of the house, including how much insulation is in the attic and walls, as well as how efficient the heating/cooling system is. It can also include renewable energy.
The house is also checked for its air tightness. The Energy Advisor uses a Blower Door to depressurize the air in the house and measure the air changes per hour at specific pressures. This test also allows the Advisor to show the homeowner where all the main drafts are located.
The Energy Advisor acts as an independent self-employed contractor.
- Registered Energy Advisor preferred
- Ideally, 1-3 years experience in a customer facing role
- Previous experience performing energy audits preferred
- Flexible working hours, occasional evenings and weekends preferred
- Successfully pass NRCan Foundation and Energy Advisor Exam
- Travel is required – must have valid drivers license and access to a vehicle.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Arithmetic and numeracy proficiency
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Self and time management
- Building science is an asset
- Home inspection experience is an asset
- Construction/Building envelope courses an asset
- HVAC experience an asset
An Energy Advisor must pass the Foundation and Advisor exams as well as the practical training to become a Registered Energy Advisor. Due to Covid, the exam centres are closed, Ridge Energy will issue a temporary licence for anyone passing the practical training, until the exam centres re-open.. If you have enough experience and/or formal education, Ridge Energy will invite you for Practical Training to become temporarily licensed. The temporary license is valid for 3 months and can be renewed.
Once a trainee has passed the exams, Ridge Energy will fully certify you as a Registered Energy Advisor.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Apply through website at: https://www.ridge.ca/job-opportunties/
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Ridge Energy
- Position Title:
- Energy Advisor
- Company Name:
- Ridge Energy
- 333 Bering Ave
- Postal Code:
- 888 236 5116
- Web Address: