Deadline Date: 2021/05/20
The Family Support Practitioner is responsible for providing para-professional support services to assist child protection staff in meeting the needs of clients and supporting initiatives to keep children with their families and/or enhance family reunification.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- $39,686 - $51,680
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Under the direction of the Supervisor and in conjunction with Child Welfare Workers, the Family Support Practitioner is responsible for providing para-professional support services to assist Child Protection staff in meeting the needs of clients
- Supporting initiatives to keep children with their families and/or enhance the family reunification.
- Some scheduling duties will be included with this position.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, and agency policies and procedures.
- Expected to work closely with families to assist them in caring for their children.
- Demonstrating and modelling practical parenting skills, assessing and providing feedback on parent-child interactions in the home or during family access visits, providing information about community resources and assisting families in accessing such resources, and any other task that helps the parent and/or child address identified concerns.
- Minimum post-secondary diploma in Social Services, Social Work, or Child/Youth Worker. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle with an OPCF6A Insurance endorsement and minimum of $1,000,000 Liability.
- Clear criminal reference check, clear vulnerable sector check, and a driver’s abstract.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please submit resume with letter of application quoting position number to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
820 Lakeview Drive
Fax No. (807)467-5539 ATT: HR
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Denise Kearney
- Position Title:
- HR Assitant
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: