Deadline Date: 2021/12/17
We are looking for a self-starter to join our team and work alongside us at the forefront of the tech industry in Northwestern Ontario. The Service Technician position is a permanent full-time job opportunity. Under the supervision of the Sales and Service Manager, the successful candidate will join the Field Services team and be responsible for travelling in and around Kenora and surrounding areas to install SpaceX Starlink satellites and other cutting-edge telecommunications infrastructure.
- Posting Date:
- 201-610 Lakeview Dr, Kenora ON
- Start Date:
- Full Time
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Installation of SpaceX Starlink satellites.
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks as necessary.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Follow all company filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with the technical team and communicate effectively across the organization.
- Comprehend customer requirements, provide appropriate recommendations, and create positive relationships with customers and communities.
- Travelling to and from regional First Nation communities, including fly-in reserves.
- Operate vehicle(s) in a safe manner and use field automation systems.
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions that may include extreme temperatures.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A minimum of a High School diploma.
- Hold a valid Class G driver’s license.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge and ability to work with different hand and power tools.
- Able to work at heights, climb and work freely on ladders.
- Possess good dexterity and physical fitness; ability to kneel, bend, and work in areas with restricted or limited movement.
- Understanding of computer fundamentals and ability to configure internet connections.
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate with the public and fellow employees in a courteous and tactful manner with a commitment to maintaining strong customer service.
- Flexibility to work variable hours and overtime as needed; days, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays as needed.
- Working knowledge of Indigenous culture and customs is an asset.
- Professional Development
- Paid Educational Training
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are excited to work alongside us at the forefront of the tech industry, we invite you to apply on Indeed; no phone calls, please. We would like to thank everyone for their applications, but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. The job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Individuals seeking employment with FSET Inc. are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
To apply, submit a resume through Indeed: https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=FSET-Inc.&t=Field+Service+Technician&jk=45850517935862ce&q=field+service+technician&vjs=3
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Field Service Technician
- Company Name:
- 201-610 Lakeview Dr, Kenora ON
- Postal Code:
- P9N 3P7
- Web Address: