Deadline Date: 2021/09/30
Nawiinginokiima Forest Management Corporation
Reporting to NFMC’s General Manager, the Financial Manager is a dynamic position responsible for providing leadership and management to staff related to the financial activities of the Corporation.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Business, Finance and Administration
• Providing leadership and management to staff related to the financial activities of the Corporation;
• Perform duties and powers associated with a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), if appointed;
• Provide support for planning, coordinating, and implementing financial program needs and requirements, including work planning, reporting, allocations, budgets, journals, in-year reviews, and both internal and external audits;
• Support GM in business and financial analysis and performance management. Provide key executive information and indicators to facilitate and assist in the development of in-year financial actions and strategies;
• Oversee development and implementation of key Corporate policies as well as reporting systems and ensure compliance with applicable government directives;
• Supervise financial operations including keeping proper accounting and financial records, including: accounts payable/receivable, operating reserve, bad debts, journaling, purchasing, etc.;
• Oversee preparation of the annual financial report for the Corporation’s published Annual Report;
• Oversee the development and ongoing management of a wood measurement, timber billing, and pricing system;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) accreditation;
• Extensive (10 years) experience preferably in a natural resource field;
• Leadership skills to direct, lead and supervise the work of a multi-disciplinary team;
• Negotiation and networking skills;
• Communication skills and political acuity;
• Knowledge and understanding of business and financial theories, principles, practices and business administration including budgeting, business planning, accounting and financial auditing and analysis
• Knowledge and understating of business and organization design and financial risk management techniques;
• Knowledge of IT, IM, software applications and capabilities in order to access, develop, and implement financial and administrative control systems/procedures;
• Knowledge of project management principles, methodologies, and practices;
• Knowledge of audit principles, financial and management processes for planning, evaluating, controlling and reporting on the Corporation’s financial operations and to determine compliance with regulations/directives;
• Knowledge of Crown Timber billing and scaling systems and Crown Timber and charges methodologies is an asset.
• Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines;
• Regular travel and periods away from home as required.
For a detailed job description visit the Opportunities section of the NFMC’s website at: nfmcforestry.ca/opportunities/
Salary Range: $70,500 to $114,000 (to be negotiated based on qualifications)
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please submit your application (including resume and cover letter) to: email@example.com
Application deadline: September 30, 2021, 4:30 pm
NFMC is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. While all responses are appreciated and will be handled with the strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
If requested, accommodation(s) will be made for those with disabilities. If a candidate requires accommodation(s) at any time throughout the application process, please contact NFMC prior to the posting closing date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: