Deadline Date: 2021/04/20
Location: Red Lake
We are currently seeking to hire three (3) temporary, full-time Childcare Assistants for the summer located in Red Lake (2) and Ear Falls (1).
- Posting Date:
- Red Lake
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
- Assist in implementing programming based on emergent curriculum.
- Assist with taking daily attendance and note any illness, appointments or special information for children attending.
- Ensure all books, toys and equipment are in safe and functional, and keep play areas, indoor and outdoor equipment clean, safe, orderly and aesthetically pleasing.
- Assist in maintaining positive discipline by following the procedures of the organization and Legislation. Apply directives consistently to provide appropriate limits and positive reinforcement of acceptable behaviour.
- Assist children in maintaining correct hygiene procedures such as washing hands and face, changing soiled pants, and assist and instruct children in mastering basic self-sufficiency skills such as dressing and personal hygiene.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experience and/or familiarity completing the above tasks is beneficial.
- Completed Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent) and enrolment in post-secondary studies, preferably in a related or complimentary field.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s license is require
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Understanding, awareness and inclusive of all cultures within programming.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
To be considered for this position, you must be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number and community you are applying for, in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before April 20, 2021 at 4:00 pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources Department
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Kenora District Services Board
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: