Deadline Date: 2021/04/20
The Kenora District Services Board is currently seeking to hire five (5) temporary, full-time Maintenance Assistants for the summer located in Kenora (3), Sioux Lookout (1), and Red Lake/Ear Falls (1).
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining common areas of apartment buildings including hallways, stairwells, entrances, lobbies, lounges, washrooms and storage. This includes general janitorial duties.
- Assist with timely turnaround of unit. This includes cleaning out and disposing of debris/furnishings, stripping and waxing floors, washing windows and painting as requested.
- Assist where requested in general maintenance and repairs outlined in the daily work order system.
- Complete general grounds keeping as necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, lawn care, maintenance of flowers/hedges/trees, clearing debris, maintenance and repair of walkways and fe
- Experience and/or familiarity completing the above tasks is beneficial.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Enrolment in post-secondary studies, preferably in a related or complimentary field.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s license is require
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to operate power driven and mechanical equipment including lawn mower, hedge trimmer
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks as described above (raking, planting flowers, e).
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
To be considered for this position, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be legally entitled to work in Canada, and have the ability to work in varying weather conditions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number and the community you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before April 20, 2021 at 4:00pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources Department
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Kenora District Services Board
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: