Deadline Date: 2021/04/01
Location: Thunder Bay
As part of the OKC team, the Fundraising Coordinator will:
- Assist in the development & implementation of fundraising goals to support the work of OKC and thus increase community awareness of OKC.
- Coordinate and support special events and fundraising initiatives.
- Help identify potential new donors & organize initiatives to solicit gifts.
- Lead volunteer coordination.
- Assist with media & promotion of OKC programs and fundraising initiatives.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 704 McKenzie Street
- Start Date:
- $19.20-$21.34 per hour
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Fundraising, Community Development
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist with the planning, development, management, and execution of fundraising initiatives including OKC led and third-party special events, donation appeals & recognition and appreciation receptions.
- Serve as a contact and resource for community based third party events in support of OKC.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with event sponsors, committee members, volunteers, and community third party event organizers.
- Contribute to maintaining accurate contact records for media contacts, third party events, sponsors, volunteers and event participants in the database.
- Liaise with community members and attend community events as a representative of OKC, as requested. This may include networking, speaking opportunities or presentations.
- Liaise with the media as needed.
- Assist with maintaining the media & marketing schedule for promoting OKC within the community.
- Assist with media & marketing promotions including social media posts.
- Assist with creating print and digital materials for events, appeals and other fundraising initiatives.
- Ensure coordination of recruitment, screening, orientation, placement, training, supervision, and recognition of all volunteers.
- Maintain and update the catalogue of volunteer position descriptions.
- Recruit, coordinate, and schedule on-site and special event volunteers, as necessary.
- Help maintain the Development Team’s fund development plan and work plan.
- Participate in sub-committees as requested.
- Participate in professional development opportunities relevant to this role.
- Provide reports on fundraising initiatives and volunteer contributions.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree, diploma or equivalent experience with Fundraising for Non-Profits, Event Management, Volunteer Management, or Media & Marketing.
- Demonstrated program development and leadership skills.
- Experience in communications and public relations.
- Ability to train, motivate and supervise volunteers and staff.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word & Excel, and comfortable with presentation software, graphics programs such as Canva, and social media.
- Self-starter with proven organization skills.
- Accountable and reliable
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing, in a cross-cultural environment.
- Understanding of the organization and challenges of working within the non-profit sector.
- Understanding of the OKC model of community development which engages participants in all levels of participation.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends
- Car and valid driver’s license
- Regular attendance
- First Aid & CPR
- Video editing
- Graphic Design
- Experience working with the media including drafting media releases
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter and resume with two references to:
Our Kids Count
704 McKenzie St.
Thunder Bay, ON P7C 3L4
Phone: 623-0292 ext. 243
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Amy Silvaggio
- Position Title:
- Development Manager
- Company Name:
- Our Kids Count
- 704 McKenzie St.
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- P7C 3L4
- 807-623-0292 ext. 243
- Web Address: