Deadline Date: 2021/10/30
Location: Hudson Bay
Weyerhaeuser Company Limited's Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan’s Timberlands operation is seeking a well-qualified, experienced General Manager for our Timberlands Operations. As the successful candidate you will be part of Weyerhaeuser's Canadian Timberlands lead team.
- Posting Date:
- Hudson Bay
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Varied
- At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest products organizations in the world. At Weyerhaeuser, we are always looking for people who can contribute, grow, think, and create! Our associates are the real reason we have been in business for over 120 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest and premium timber, land, and forest products company in the world.
Weyerhaeuser Company Limited's Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan’s Timberlands operation is seeking a well-qualified, experienced General Manager for our Timberlands Operations. As the successful candidate you will be part of Weyerhaeuser's Canadian Timberlands lead team. The Hudson Bay timberlands team is responsible for providing the Weyerhaeuser's OSB Mill in Hudson Bay and other wood using facilities in the region with approximately 1.1 million m3/year of wood from within or adjacent to the Hudson Bay Forest Management Area. This position reports to the Vice President, Canadian Timberlands and is based in out of our Hudson Bay office.
About Hudson Bay:
Hudson Bay is a town of 1,500 people in the Red Deer Valley, between the Porcupine and Pasquia Hills in NE Saskatchewan. Widely known for its forestry, agriculture, wildlife, outdoor recreation, and snowmobiling trails, Hudson Bay is a vibrant, safe, and friendly community that is full of adventurous, and scenic activities. You can learn more about Hudson Bay town here: https://townofhudsonbay.com/
The successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of the Timberlands business including:
- Role modeling safety values, providing leadership in developing and reinforcing strong safety culture, and development of its staff and operational Team Members.
- Delivery of ~0.9 million m3 of hardwood logs per year to the Weyerhaeuser Hudson Bay OSB mill.
- Delivering on financial results including budget commitments and Operational Excellence targets.
- Development and alignment of strategic business direction / plans with the OSB businesses.
- Maintaining positive relationships with a variety of external stakeholders including elected officials, regulators, First Nations, and other forest industry companies and organizations.
- Developing / ensuring a work culture that:
- a) Conducts business in line with the company’s core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, and sustainability.
- b) Demonstrates the company’s key behaviors of acting with urgency, being accountable, being courageous, keeping it simple, and being innovative.
- Bachelor's Degree in Forestry, Forest Management, Business or other relevant field of study.
- Professional work experience in Forestry or Forestry Management is an asset
Other Experiences and skills required;
- Successful track record in leading safety improvement through employees and contractors.
- Demonstrates courage by taking on difficult and complex issues that drives value for Weyerhaeuser.
- Previous leadership experience in multiple locations is highly desired.
- Interest, capability and potential to move to next/another level of leadership in the organization.
- Ability to inspire and engage at all levels in the organization, including internal and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrating strong business and financial acumen to drive improved cost and margin through the value chain.
- Demonstrates competence in financial reporting and analysis.
- Ability to communicate complex business information in simple terms that engages and effectively informs the audience.
- Ability to execute and get results in a key area that ‘moves the dial’ for business performance in their area of responsibility.
- Track record of developing strong succession and leading people development strategies.
- Demonstrated successful collaborative, trust-based relationships with suppliers, customers and Weyerhaeuser teams. Unwavering Weyerhaeuser values.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. Visit www.Weyerhaeuser.com to learn more about us!
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we have been taking care of forests to make life better.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Apply online: http://weyer.jobs/15977
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Helen Green
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: