Deadline Date: 2021/04/24
Location: Anywhere in Ontario
Our company is a growth capital and advisory firm with over 15 years of unparalleled experience advising SMEs identify and apply for non-dilutive funding programs (grants, tax incentives, etc.) related to: i) business expansion, ii) R&D, iii) capital & technology adoption, iv) labour enhancements, etc.
- Posting Date:
- Anywhere in Ontario
- 248 Yellowood Cir.
- Start Date:
- 35 h/w
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Management, Business, Finance and Administration, Business or Financial Management with Information
- The position pairs up a background in Business or Financial Management with Information Technology or Computing, as well as STEM. If you are talented, and want to be part of a team that assists clients across an assortment of industries advance their businesses, and you enjoy writing, then here's your opportunity to deliver commercial outcomes. The result, is a value-added, holistic approach to corporate growth and funding.
What you will do:
While working closely with founders/team, you will be responsible for understanding customer businesses and matching them to various applicable government grants and funding programs. You will be expected to learn on the job and develop skills specific to your role in order to write winning applications for small and medium scale business incentives. Other duties include:
+ Undertake online research, compile key knowledge, and provide relevant quality written content for clients;
+ Build an apt for how to construct business cases, and enhance them through combining science/technology merits with financial data models/analysis;
+ Deploy online digital tools, to deliver digital content, reports, proposals, applications, news alerts, and related communications products;
+ Liaise with program administrators about the grant application process (for profit & non-profits);
- Desired Candidate Profile: Recently graduated from accredited program, e.g. College Diploma or University degree (Business, Computer Science, English, Journalism, Communications / Marketing) with interest in innovation, finance, etc. PhD / Masters credentials are considered an asset.
Nice to haves:
- Prior Business / Technical writing skills, or research work, are definite asset.
- Also any prior academic projects that involved/related to thesis work, procurement, grants, data analytics, IP, or journalism should be highlighted.
- Time management skills, and respect for deadlines.
- This role can be customer facing with both external and internal customers. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize. Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently (from home office)
- Grow with us:
Unfortunately, how to secure government / private sector funding are not taught in business school, which is why many companies find it difficult to manage the process. Did you know that only 4.9% of businesses leverage grants and tax credits each year? Therefore, we have built our internal systems to simplify the process and serve as an accurate GPS to help them navigate to right opportunities, and submit winning applications.
This is a full-time position for 8 months (term likely to be extended into permanent) for person wanting to have a direct impact on the entrepreneurial community and help to increase the success of Canadian businesses through government funding. Would you like to join a small, purpose-driven company with a dynamic and highly motivated team that is constantly learning and growing? …
- Work Hours: 35 hours / wk. (flexible work schedule available)
- Workplace: Work from home (WFH) HQ: Vaughan, ON.
- Reports to CEO, interacts with small team working directly with founder.
- Ideal timing for hire: May, 2021 onwards
- Compensation Range: $42,000 ($25/hr) to $50,400 ($30/hr) depending on qualifications
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter (optional)
Sample work, or portfolio of work (recommended)
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Gautam Shah
- Position Title:
- R&D Consultant
- Company Name:
- Tax Incentives Made Easy (T.i.M.E.) Consulting Gro
- 248 Yellowood Cir.
- Postal Code:
- (647) 709-6368
- Web Address: