Deadline Date: 2021/05/31
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Heavy-Duty Mechanic to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
Working a 14-days on / 14-days off rotation, this position is a
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while maintaining and repairing all heavy-duty equipment underground at the Hemlo Operations.
More specifically, Heavy Duty Mechanics will:
- Work safely, efficiently while practicing good housekeeping
- Service, perform PMs and mechanical repairs on underground CAT and Sandvick mobile equipment
- Identify and report required parts and materials needed to complete the job
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Ontario Provincial or Inter-Provincial Heavy Duty Equipment Technician certificate
- Strong computer skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced underground mine environment
- Strong communications, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Willing to share knowledge and have an open mind to learning new skills
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia''s second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- How To Apply:
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: