Deadline Date: 2021/06/30
Heavy Equipment Operators - seven excavator operator and three dozer operator positions available. Pay range $21 -$37/hr. based on experience. Live out allowance available.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
The Heavy Equipment operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, and other pieces of equipment. The heavy equipment operator must also clean, maintain, and secure all equipment as directed by legislation as well as company policies and procedures. The Heavy Equipment Operator must deal with residents, customers, and members of the company in a courteous and respectful manner. All concerns shall be brought to Supervisor’s attention immediately.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide the safe operation of Cress Contracting equipment including heavy equipment relating to road maintenance and construction, mining operations, and winter control activities.
• Installation, removal, and maintenance of roadway signage
• Maneuver heavy equipment into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
• Operate specialized equipment, including winter equipment, in a safe and efficient manner to carry out work per the contract requirements.
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on equipment; advise supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
• Clean tracks of equipment at end of every shift and more frequently as required.
• Participate in routine maintenance.
• Debris removal from work areas and general housekeeping of Cress Contracting facilities and grounds. Keep interior and exterior of vehicle clean.
• Perform duties within the guidelines of company policies, procedures and standards and ensure full compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Be responsible to work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, the Cress Contracting Occupational Health, Safety and Workplace Violence Policy and Procedures, as well as established industry guidelines.
• Complete all necessary paperwork. May include but not limited to daily logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
• For winter snow removal must be available 24/7 and respond to call-ins within 30 minutes (evening, weekends, nights, and holidays).
• Respond to after hours emergency calls as required.
• Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
• May be required to perform manual labour.
• Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
• Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate an asset.
• First aid/CPR Certificate an asset.
• 1+ years experience in road maintenance/snow removal and knowledge of OTM book 7 an asset.
• Knowledge of applicable legislation including the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
• Must be able to perform physical work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
• Sound judgement and excellent decision making skills.
• Flexible with work hours and long shifts.
• Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Generally outdoors work environment in all types of weather and temperatures.
• Safety Equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots.
• Moderate to heavy physical activity. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work long hours and weekends.
• Must be able to work after hours or when deemed necessary to meet deadlines and deal with crises or emergencies.
• Shift work or rotational on-call could be required.
• Travel to off site locations may be required.
• Overtime as required.
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Responsible to: Designated Supervisor
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- How To Apply:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org fax 807-229-1636.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Cress Contracting
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Cress Contracting
- Postal Code:
- P0T 1R0
- Web Address: