Deadline Date: 2021/07/23
The intent of the Indigenous Healthy Living program is to improve the health and wellbeing of urban Indigenous people, and prevent the development of health issues, such as diabetes, obesity, and heart disease.
- Posting Date:
- 382 Airport Road
- Start Date:
- 9-5 / varied
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Varied
- Health, Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion, Art, Culture, Recreation and Sport
- The program is community-based, and inclusive to all, with a focus on sports activities, physical fitness & recreational activities, and healthy nutrition education & promotion. The program coordinator will develop programs to support healthy living, commercial tobacco smoking cessation/smoke-free living, as well as a youth leadership component.
***Lived experience and/or knowledge of Indigenous community and history is crucial to this position and to supporting the Friendship Centre movement.
• Lived experience and/or a strong understanding of the experience of Indigenous peoples is a requirement
• Must have a Sports and Recreation diploma or relevant experience in the field.
• Experience in program planning, development, implementation and ability to facilitate physical fitness and recreation programs.
• Knowledge of healthy lifestyle behaviours and nutrition and on-going program promotion with the community.
• Able to establish and maintain relationships with local community sports, fitness and recreation organizations.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent computer skills and database reporting.
• Excellent research and reporting skills.
• Knowledge of Office 365.
• Experience working within a community based organization.
Must have valid driver’s license, Insurance and reliable vehicle.
Must have or be able to obtain a clear CPIC for the Vulnerable Sector.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, proof of education/training and have three references available.
Please send an email with the title of the position in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Carolyn Taylor
- Position Title:
- Manager or Children's Wellness Team
- Company Name:
- Niagara Regional Native Centre
- 382 Airport Road
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: