Deadline Date: 2021/10/29
Location: White River
White River Forest Products in White River, Ontario has an opening for an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright).
- Posting Date:
- White River
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Trades, Transport, and Equipment
Perform high quality maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner to deliver reliable performance on all fixed Sawmill plant and hoisting equipment.
- Carry out maintenance activities assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor in accordance with safe work procedures and workshop standards.
- Identify and resolve issues associated with breakdown/corrective maintenance in a timely manner. Apply basic root cause analysis where appropriate. Provide feedback to the Supervisor if necessary.
- Complete all service sheets and other job related paperwork to high standard – focusing on accuracy of information returned to the Supervisor and/or Planner (hours, parts, tasks completed, any other defects identified).
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a task. This includes cleaning, tagging and returning used parts,
- Train Apprentices and or Subordinates when required to do so.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Demonstrate commitment to health, safety and environment.
- Ensure allocated jobs are completed safely and to a high quality at all times.
- Provide quality feedback (both written and verbal) to the Maintenance Supervisor relating to all work undertaken.
- Make use of computer based maintenance systems if required as part of the role.
Licensed Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
Other trade certificates and experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and welding or other related experience in the wood product industry will be considered.
White River Forest Products LP is a community based venture that owns and operates a Sawmill in White River Ontario. The company has recently invested over $20 million dollars in the mill and will invest an additional $5 million, making it a state of the art facility. The sawmill operation has a capacity of 170Mfbm per year of softwood lumber products.
SCHEDULE: 7 Days On – 7 Days Off
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please send resume to email@example.com or contact Melissa Jones @ 1 807-822-1818 extension 262. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Melissa Jones
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- White River Forest Products
- White River
- Postal Code:
- 1 807-822-1818 X262
- Web Address: