Deadline Date: 2021/02/28
Location: Thunder Bay
Intake/Investigation Workers play a key role in responding to reports of children at risk of harm. Intake/Investigation Workers investigate referrals regarding abuse or neglect and help determine if children are safe. If they aren’t safe, Intake/Investigation Workers help to put in place the least intrusive measures to protect children.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 905 Victoria Avenue East
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct child protection investigations.
- Communicate regularly with Chief and Council and the Direct Services Supervisor on investigations and follow-up.
- Intake/Investigation Workers must become familiar with and have the ability to interpret and apply our Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin values, principles and policies
- Interest in helping families and learning new skills. Experience with raising a family or working with children, being a part of community life in small remote communities.
- Knowledge of and lived experience with the Aboriginal culture, including land-based activities, spiritual understanding, importance of Elders, etc. For this position, familiarity with Mishkeegogamang is required.
- Creativity in problem-solving and empathetic towards children and families.
- Education/experience in social services or child welfare is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak Ojicree or Ojibway is a very strong asset.
- Experience conducting Child Protection Investigations a strong asset. Training will be provided.
- Must be willing to take the Child Welfare Professional Training program OR must be an authorized child protection worker.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to follow through on tasks independently.
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality is essential.
- Computer skills and experience with a database system is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
TO APPLY: Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee and include the Competition Number or the name of the position you are applying for:
BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1 OR
BY FAX: (807) 737-4550 OR
BY EMAIL: HR@tikinagan.org OR
DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (ask the receptionist to fax your application to Human Resources)
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Chris Zweep
- Position Title:
- HR Generalist
- Company Name:
- Tikinagan Child & Family Services
- 65 King Street
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- P8T 1B8
- Web Address: