Deadline Date: 2020/12/04
Grand Council Treaty#3 leadership have mandated the development of an LGBQT2S+ Council be developed to support the National governance structure of the Anishinaabe Nation of Treaty#3 and would complement the current existing Councils: Women’s Council, Elders’ Council, Youth Council and Men’s Council.
- Posting Date:
- 237 Airport Rd
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Role: The Coordinator would assist in the establishment of the LGBGTQ2S+ Council and ensure that our Nation’s LGBQT2S+ citizens are included in our Nation’s governance and are supported.
- Actively engaging and working with community members and organizations to establish the GCT#3 LGCTQ2S Council.
- Managing the logistics for the establishment of the LGBQT2S+ Council and acting as the main point of contact.
- Development of communication materials for leadership and (Briefing notes; online presence) to support the development of the LGBQT2S Council.
- Be an advocate for the LGBQT2S+ community and support policy and legislation change to address systemic inequities.
- A well-developed understanding of racism and anti-racism through lived experience and/or formal/in formal education. Familiarity with the concepts of systemic racism, colonialism, and intersectionality is an asset.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current challenges and opportunities for the LGBTQ2S+ Council.
- Ability to build relationships with Treaty#3 communities; organization and community partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Capacity to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with undertaking meeting/event planning and coordination.
- Preference will be given to Treaty#3 members and those that identify as LGBTQ2S.
- Must have a must have a clear criminal check record with vulnerable sector.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to the attention of:
Oluyinka Leigh, Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora,
Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Oluyinka Leigh
- Position Title:
- Human Resources Manager
- Company Name:
- Grand Council Treaty #3
- 2650 Highway 17 East
- Postal Code:
- P9N 3W8
- Web Address: