Deadline Date: N/A
About Barminco: Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, an ASX 200 company and Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider. New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia, India, and across Africa (Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania, Botswana and Burkina Faso). New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees in 2020. We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. We look forward to receiving your application for the opportunity presented below. At Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- The Opportunity: Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Light Vehicle Mechanic to join our team at the Williams Mine, Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario. Working a 14-days on / 14-days off rotation, this position is a "drive in/drive out" role if you reside outside the Marathon area. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while maintaining and repairing all light-vehicles and equipment underground at the Hemlo Operations. More specifically, Light-Vehicle Mechanics will: Work safely, efficiently while practicing good housekeeping Service, perform PMs and mechanical repairs on light-vehicles and equipment Identify and report required parts and materials needed to complete the job
- Skills and Experience: Minimum high school diploma or equivalency Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others Ontario Provincial or Inter-Provincial Automobile Service Technician certificate Strong computer skills Minimum 5 years experience working in a fast-paced underground mine environment Strong communications, organizational and time management skills Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment Willing to share knowledge and have an open mind to learning new skills
- With Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd.
- At the Williams Mine, Hemlo Operations (Marathon, Ontario)
- Open to Canadian Residents
- What we offer: Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career. We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, which is located on the north shore of Lake Superior.
- NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which including alcohol and drug screening.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- Open until filled
- How To Apply:
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, start your application by visiting:
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: