Deadline Date: 2021/05/28
Since 1978, Lee Valley has recognized that woodworking and gardening are not just hobbies, but are for many a lifestyle choice. Lee Valley Tools enjoys a proud 40-year history of providing high-quality woodworking, gardening, hobby, hardware, gift and seasonal merchandise to customers worldwide. Our customer service is renowned. We pride ourselves on providing quality in all products, whether developed and manufactured internally or sourced elsewhere. A position at Lee Valley is more than just a job – we honor the time and dedication that our people give by providing sustained and meaningful employment and we strive to provide an environment where learning and development are encouraged.
- Posting Date:
- 1000 Morrison Drive
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Key Responsibilities:
- Start and operate machine tools according to instructions
- Use blueprints, specifications, and/or work order instructions in order to understand requirements
- Perform quality checks, follow reporting and record keeping procedures, and report problems to supervisor
- Complete production documents detailing output, time and/or issues in the production process
- Troubleshoot issues and make adjustments as required
- Follow COVID 19 precautions, in addition to other safety and health regulations
- Clean machinery and maintain cleanliness in work area
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Attention to detail and methodical (organized) approach
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Strong desire for quality workmanship in a production environment
- A solid work ethic and able to work as part of a team
- Effective communication skills (in English)
- Physical strength, fitness, stamina
- Congratulations on your graduation. Why not join Lee Valley & Veritas? A family-run business with over 40 years of trusted excellence in the innovation of tools and woodworking product. We are ready to welcome you to our team with a competitive Signing and Relocation Incentive.
We currently have an excellent opportunity in our Veritas Manufacturing division’s production shop. The Machine Operator is responsible for operating and monitoring a variety of machine tools. The job requires attention to detail and the desire to assure quality at the work center. The successful candidate will be able to work both individually and as part of a group. As a member of this dynamic team, the successful candidate will also participate in group problem solving and the development of Lean solutions.
Keeping you Safe with COVID-19 Protocols
At Lee Valley, we know there is additional stress with COVID-19 and its impact on the work place. We place our employees’ health and safety first, and we have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in all our facilities. We provide masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer, to all employees who must report to work. Before entering any of our facilities, employees must complete a daily COVID Screening questionnaire and have their temperatures checked. Common areas like lunch/break rooms have been set up to ensure social distancing. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all facilities are fully sanitized weekly.
This role, working with supervision, carries out routine tasks in support of receiving. Working with clearly established procedures, processes receipts and prepares products for put away into inventory.
- Work involves occasional exposure to major disagreeable elements, low risk of injury/harm, more stringent safety measures may be needed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand: use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Training will be provided
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Apply through our careers website: https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/careers or by e-mailing email@example.com with your CV
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Amanda LeBlanc
- Position Title:
- HR Coordinator
- Company Name:
- Lee Valley Tools Ltd
- 1090 Morrison Drive
- Postal Code:
- K2H 1C2
- Web Address: