Deadline Date: 2021/07/31
The Opportunity: Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Foreman to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while providing supervision to maintenance personnel, ensuring planned maintenance and servicing of site mobile equipment is carried out efficiently and safely using sound judgement to maximize production capability.
More specifically, our Maintenance Foreman will:
- Ensure compliance with all Barminco policies, procedures, work instructions and statutory requirements
- Provide clear work objectives and expectations of the maintenance team’s performance levels required to achieve business plans and production targets
- Ensure the required manpower and equipment are in place to achieve planned production, while meeting planned costs
- Developing workshop standards and specifications
- Maintain a system of continuous improvement and practices
- Oversee maintenance schedules and repairs for all mining equipment
- Implement maintenance strategies, systems and standards to reduce risk and variation
- Ensure direct reports have the necessary training, skills, knowledge and tools to do their jobs safely
- Other duties and accountability to be reviewed upon hire
Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Technical diploma, degree or similar qualification in Maintenance/Mechanics field
- Valid Mechanical/Trades Licenses
- Minimum 10 years of underground mining experience
- Minimum 5 years in a supervisory role
- Supervisor Certification
- Experience in conventional and mechanized mining
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
About Barminco: Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
- Location: Hemlo Operations, near Marathon, Ontario
- Open to Canadian Residents
Working a rotation of 14-shifts on / 14-shifts off, this position is a "drive-in/drive-out’ role if you reside outside the Marathon area.
What we offer: Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive wages, health and medical benefits, work/life balance schedule, travel, camp accommodations and meals.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol and drug screening.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- Open until filled
- How To Apply:
How to Apply: Start your application by visiting: https://barminco.com.au/
Please include copies of your valid Trade Licenses, Common Core Transcripts and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: